4.0 out of 5 stars Paleo - worth having
Was a bit concerned as ordered the book and then saw a review saying it was too American. Its completely British, there is nothing in the book that cannot be found in UK supermarkets. Great nutritional advice and some good recipies. Definately one to have.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so British...
Published 15 months ago by Katie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so British..., 28 Aug 2013
Katie (Devonshire) - See all my reviews
I thought this book explained most of the paleo diet basics well and there was a fairly good range of recipes. There is nothing British about it I'm afraid! It is no different from the many other paleo books out there that list buffalo as a meat staple, and yet another recipe for pumpkin pie. It also suggested I spend my weekends broiling shrimp and bagging veggies. I had images of myself hanging around the Quorn aisle of my local Sainsbury's trying to capture poor unsuspecting vegetarians in a black bin bag. Ok so I digress. The point is there are very few paleo books out there that truly suit the British consumer and this isn't one of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Paleo - worth having, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Paleo Diet for Brits: The Essential British Paleo Cookbook and Diet Guide (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Paleo, 5 Oct 2013
For someone who is new to Paleo it would be nice to have pictures of the meals to encourage us to make us switch to this way of eating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book to get started!, 19 Jan 2014
M. Lynch "shelly" (Essex) - See all my reviews
This is a great introduction to the Paleo way of eating (note I haven't used the d word).
It's simple, easy to read and doesn't require too many extra ingredients. The Coconut oil is an amazing product. This oil and the mayonnaise I order from Amazon.
I have the Kindle version, so have bookmarked a lot of pages. Especially the recipes that I like or will be able to cook.
The only thing that I would've liked to see in the book would be examples of which vegetables are lowest in GI, so I'll need to research that one.
I would like to see more of these books designed for us in the UK :)

3.0 out of 5 stars passable, 24 Jan 2014
The introduction is useful. Some of the recipes are ok and I will use them. But to say that this is tailored to British taste and shopping is a total misnomer. Is almond flour the same as ground almonds? How is pumpkin Pie a Brit dish?! And I have yet to find coconut oil as a readily available ingredient.
I think I will manage perfectly well, using the suggested ingredients and designing my own recipes... I'm just happy that his was not an expensive book!

3.0 out of 5 stars For Brits, 24 April 2014
Most ingredients in other books are not available. This book is for UK market and is more interesting . I read most of the recipes with interest and am doing the diet for one year. This cook book will help to make more varied meals ! Mrs M Goodall

1.0 out of 5 stars not really worth it, 11 Mar 2014
The recipes are very basic and boring and it's very short, read the whole thing in about 5 minutes...the kindle version also has no photos. You can get better ideas from just googling, I was hoping for something more from this book so I'm quite disappointed, might as well have thrown my money in the bin :/ I only gave it 1 star as I had no choice, really it's a big fat zero :(

3.0 out of 5 stars clear and easy, 3 April 2014
certainly gives more information than I had found before, this will be a good start to paleo/caveman eating. Good luck

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 27 July 2014
It is not bigger than a magazine, it does not have any pictures of the meals and the explanation on the paleo diet is so basic, as if assuming that you must have read other books on the subject already. Mostly, I dislike the lack of pictures and think it is hardly bringing anything new, not worth buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely for the British Palate, 15 Aug 2013
E. Mitchell "T'ai chi Crazy" (Sunk Island, England) - See all my reviews
Well written and easy to follow recipes which are as easy to make and taste good into the bargain. Will make some over and over again.

The Paleo Diet for Brits: The Essential British Paleo Cookbook and Diet Guide