4.0 out of 5 stars plenty of action
i enjoyed this story, it kept going all the way through with some tough characters who still managed to have a soft heart
Published 13 months ago by Jack Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
This is the start of a series. The other books will follow the other members of 'Hornet' (the other reviewer has detailed the characters).

Published 15 months ago by Laura

4.0 out of 5 stars plenty of action, 26 Aug 2013
Jack Smith (Arklow County Wicklow, Ireland) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 13 Jun 2013
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

If you like 'SEAL' stories you will like this but I found it had too much revolving around the 'rescue' and not enough romance for me. Because it is introducing the other characters, that took up some time and the 'romance' between Gabe and Audrey seemed to take a backseat.

It wasn't bad but it didn't really hold my interest. I kept stopping and starting it. Never a good sign for me of a good book and it hasn't interested me enough to want to read the others in the series.

ARC provided by Netgalley.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 23 Aug 2013
Whilst not in the same league as Suzanne Brockmann and Elaine Levine to name two of my favourite authors I did enjoy reading this book and certainly will look out for others in the series - but like another reviewer I found Audrey so annoying at times. While I like the "heroines" in these types of books to be strong, Audrey put the whole team in danger just by not doing as she was told, and if I was Gabe I would have taped her mouth up!

I hope in future books we find out more about how the team came together as I feel this was not explored enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Rag tag doesn't even begin to cover it, 27 Jun 2014
I'm not sure I would feel very confident if this lot were coming to rescue me! However, they make a fun read, and give us plenty of action.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ruined, 31 May 2014
Book ruined because of Audrey. I'm being kind when I call her an idiot. Had such potential but I simply could not stand her. Struggling through trying to finish the book.

So far she has put everyone at risk, demanding a gun and saying how good a shot she is but she couldn't shoot when they were being kidnapped and a child beaten. She bleeted over a cow having to die instead of herself and the man she supposedly loves. She also befriends a drug Lord telling everyone what a good guy he is. Constantly not only putting her life at risk but others as well, most annoyingly when not doing what she is rd by trained personnel when in life or death situations. To say she is naive is far too find.

Had to call it a day at 51% could simply not read any more, which is highly u unusual for me, if I have paid good money for a book I finish it even if it's not great. Especially if I am going to review but I just could not stand it. I think I am even more disappointed because I expected good things and was looking forward to book two.

Sorry I hate to give bad reviews building waste your hard earned cash on this one

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 21 April 2014
I enjoyed this book. I prefer the Wilde Security books which tie in with it but this was still a good read. This is the first in the Hornet series and a lot of the book revolves around introducing us to the men central to the series which is interesting but I thought the depiction of Gabe and Audrey's relationship suffered a little bit due to that. Theirs was an insta love I felt and I would have liked to have seen more depth to their relationship. Having said that, I am looking forward to all the men's stories.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok start, more interesting characters to come, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: SEAL of Honor (Hornet) (Paperback)
3.5 STARS

This book was provided by NetGallery for an honest review.

Let me begin by saying this is the worst team of private for hire mercenaries I have ever read (in a good way) They are disorganised, untrained, disrespectful and manage to mess up in every situation but they are such an odd ball of characters that you can't help but warm to them.

Gabe is the centre of this story. He is the leader of this band of misfits, discharged from the SEALS due to medical reasons he is given the opportunity to join the private sector with his own team of guys. Their first mission is to rescue a businessman who is being held for ransom in Colombia. His sister Audrey travels to Colombia to try and find out who kidnapped her brother and gets involved in Gabe's investigation.

I enjoyed this book. My favourite parts were when we got to see the guys together and their funny typical banter. Where this book fell down was the romance. It happened too quickly and I didn't really feel any chemistry between the pair. Audrey, who travelled all the way to Colombia to help her brother seems to forget about it the second she meets Gabe and spend all her time trying to get him into bed. Also she constantly disregards his orders getting them into deep trouble and also getting him killed 3 times!!

I think Gabe is the least interesting of the bunch so it was best to begin with him and set the rest of the characters up. The rest seem to have intriguing back stories which I can't wait to read about in future novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets my seal of approval, 18 Jun 2013
Nicola_1202 (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Throw together a couple of ex-Navy SEAL's, and ex-FBI Negotiator, an explosives expert, a linguist who likes the ladies, a tighty-whitey wearing ex-CIA computer geek and a Stetson-wearing medic, add a hostage, his flighty sister, suspense, action, a bit of blood and gore, arguments and of course some steamy-romance and you have a book that I loved, devoured and has left me wanting more from these men!

Gabe Bristow is said ex-Navy SEAL and a complex man. Aside from the fact that he is to tact and diplomacy what I am to ballet dancing (trust me, I am no ballerina), he is intelligent, protective, a natural leader, fearless and yes, he is exceptionally delectable in that rough and ready 'Me Tarzan, you Jane' kind of way. When US billionaire businessman Bryson Van Amee is taken hostage, Gabe leads the guys unofficially drafted in to rescue him. Only Bryson's sister Audrey is on the scene and she is one determined, strong-willed, stubborn lady with a knack of trying to take matters into her own hands...

It never lets up and Tonya Burrows has struck gold. There is so much happening, yet it flows perfectly. Whilst at first I wondered if there were a few too many characters, once I became acquainted with them, their quirks and traits, every single person is needed and plays an important part.

I laughed, I swooned, I sighed, winced, whooped and irritated my husband with all of the above (the husband who has now decided he is going to read it for himself when I told him it has guns, women and explosions in it). It is a fabulous, well written rollercoaster of a read that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I can't wait to see which of the guys will be brought to the forefront next, or the situation they will all find themselves in (although between you and me, I'm hoping for Quinn or Ian, I already have a soft spot for them and we haven't even scratched their surfaces).

2.0 out of 5 stars Hornet book 1, 15 Jun 2013
Kate Phillips "Kate" (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Seal of Honor is one of those books that got off to a good start but slowly went downhill. It never really gripped me and I struggled to stay interested. It had all the ingredients for a good military romance but the characters and the romance itself never really made it to the mixing bowl.

Gabe is alright, he is your typical scarred military hero I liked him outside of the romance but in it he was boring. He did everything and anything he could think of to put road blocks in the way of him and Audrey and in the end I just eye rolled whenever he came up with another reason they couldn't be together. His actions towards the end were nothing short of idiotic and I wouldn't have forgiven him.

My main issue character wise was Audrey, I just didn't like her at all. She is romance focused all the time and seems to want to talk about her `feelings' even though she has been kidnapped and her brother is missing. She also seems to think her kidnapper who is a wanted criminal is a super nice guy. I wouldn't mind so much it was just that she seemed to think she could do Gabe's job better than he could, if I was him I would have just left her in the jungle that was how much she annoyed me.

The romance was also an issue, it happens very fast, the characters meet and are suddenly talking about this chemistry between them which I guess only they can see because I couldn't find any. It is hard for your characters to have real chemistry which your readers can feel when they are already acknowledging and acting upon it within pages of them meeting.

SEAL of Honor is not a bad book it has some good action scenes and great secondary characters but it just wasn't for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars SEAL OF HONOR, 5 Jun 2013
4.5 STARS

HONEY HOW HOT IS THIS COVER - ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!

SEAL OF HONOR is a fast paced captivating read.

Gabe Bristow's career as a Navy SEAL has come to an end, forced to be medically retired. Now faced with a decision to take a desk job at the Pentatgon or taking charge of a private Hostage Rescue Team AKA the HORNET'S.

Enter the HORNET'S

Gabe is our wounded alpha male Hero, SEXY AS HELL.

Travis Quinn is Gabes SEAL teammate & best friend. Definitely a hottie with a story to tell.

Jean-Luc sexy linguist ladies man. (Had me laughing with his antics).

Jesse Warrick the stetson wearing medic.

Marcus bad boy Deangelo with his California surfer boy good looks - Former FBI Top Negotiator.

Ian "Boomer" Reinhards - Explosive Expert.

Eric "Havard" Physick - Former CIA Analyst.

Their, 1st mission is to help Audrey Van Amee's. The feisty sister of
american business man Bryson Van Amee, who is kidnapped and held for ransom by Columbian rebels.

I would recommend this novel if you like alot of action and some hot arse guy's with abit of romance thrown in.

Nicely done Tanya Burrow's great novel. Can't wait to read the other guy's stories especially Jean-Luc and Travis Quinns.

SEAL of Honor (Hornet)
SEAL of Honor (Hornet) by Tonya Burrows (Paperback - 30 May 2013)