Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 January 2014
Vintage Quilt Revival - the book came earlier than expected which was good. The front cover is what attracted me to purchasing the book and on opening the book realised that it comes with a CD (attached to inside back cover). This CD covers 12 template patterns in the book - so you have to print them off to use. The diagrams and wording is good although, I did find that for each block in the book there are four sections on it. There is foundation piecing, along with basting, binding and more modern blocks. I do like most of the quilts in the book but I believe that this book is not for the beginner - more for an intermediate sewer. The book covers from a bag, pillow, table runner etc to full size quilts. One downside I found was that for one of the quilts I fancied I had to print 80 pieces of paper to cover the full quilt blocks - yes - 80 is correct so, as long as you have plenty ink, paper and time!!
on 2 March 2014
I really love this book. I'm not an experienced quilter by any stretch of the imagination, and am self taught, (if you count You Tube and reading blogs as teaching yourself) and I really didn't have any problems understanding the instructions in this book. I didn't feel, unlike the other reviewer, that the projects were out of my league.
Yes, paper piecing requires printing the pieces and for large projects that can mean quite a few templates, but that is to be expected, and if you want beautiful results, you won't mind!
More than anything else I love the colours used in all the projects in this book. The low volume quilts, the quilts with primarily plain fabrics - it's not only an inspiration for quilt design, but also use of colour. I admit to being a bit of a Pinterest junkie as far as quilting goes, but this book definitely ticks the boxes for design inspiration, colour schemes and all over quilting eye candy! I've got more crafting / quilting books then I care to count, but this book is without a doubt one of my favorites, and I would highly recommend it whether you are experienced or just starting out.
on 23 May 2014
A great book showing you clear instructions to make the blocks
.They are different from the usual block type books and have got me inspired'
some of the blocks need some experience but a lot is fairly straight forward.
A mixture of simple piecing but a few are using foundation piecing
on 8 July 2014
Clear instruction, beautiful quilt Cant wait to get started
on 4 May 2015
Another good book on quilting with plenty of new ideas.
on 6 July 2014
Some fantastic ideas for stylish quilts. Love it.
on 19 May 2014
Sourcing fabrics for two quilts from this book already and can't wait to get started on them, the gardening can wait!
on 24 April 2015