Published 22 months ago by Jhwalker

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
After being hugely impressed by the original Shack book, I was disappointed in this, it is very repetative. It attempted to interpret practically page by page - why? I felt it did not add anything at all to original super book.
Published 19 months ago by Sheelagh

5.0 out of 5 stars An accessible exposition of Trinitarian theology - a 'must read' for every Christan, 16 Oct 2012
Jhwalker "Included" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
I have a friend who wrote: "We are all Trinitarians. But though we confess God as Triune, we may not be Trinitarian in our daily living. Theologian Karl Rahner asks this question, "If we decided to ditch the doctrine of the trinity what practical difference would it make to our lives? Rahner's answer is that it would make no difference at all. He says, "Despite their orthodox confession of the Trinity, Christians are, in their practical lives, almost mere monotheists." The point Rahner is making is that though we confess the three in One we live before God as a Monad, a single and solitary being."

This book, `The Shack Revisited' is an excellent exposition of `Trinitarian theology' which everyone would benefit from reading, but especially those Christians (particularly from the Conservative Evangelical wing of the church) who, whether they realize it or not, are as Rahner describes above Trinitarian in name but not in practice.

For me Baxter Kruger's writings are the most accessible of any `Trinitarian' theologian. Although a scholar of standing himself, Baxter has the ability to explain deep and complex matters simply (a rare gift in a theologian). Standing on the shoulders of giants like St Athanasius, Karl Barth, the Torrance brothers, C.S.Lewis and others, he clearly expounds the wonderful truths of our `inclusion in Christ'. Against the background of `The Shack' Baxter visits every important aspect of Trinitarian theology, including Incarnation and Atonement in a way which every one with a mind to can access and understand. Baxter's writings have revolutionised my own understanding of Christian faith, and I write as a 65 year old Christian and an ordained Church of England minister of some 40 years standing.

My concern is that those who most need to read this book won't do so. They may consider it to be `lightweight' which it certainly isn't (witness the footnotes and recommendations for further reading); and because it is an exposition of the theology which undergirds `The Shack', there are those who having an inbuilt prejudice against that book won't be inclined to read this one. It will be their loss. This book demands a wide readership. To my mind it deserves as wide a readership as `The Shack' itself. My personal hope is that `The Shack Revisited' will bring the writings of C. Baxter Kruger to the attention of readers in the U.K. and therefore expose him to a much wider readership in what he calls `the Motherland'. May this book advance the `Trinitarian' revival in the church and beyond, and may eyes be opened to see how great and good is the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:21 TNIV).

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 30 Jan 2013
Loved The Shack but The Shack Revisited is even more compelling reading. Couldn't put it down. It answered so many questions for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Shack Revisited, 8 Nov 2012
D. A. Briggs - See all my reviews
I would rate this book with ten stars if I could. It is absolutely a must for all those that read "The Shack" and did not understand it. The Shack Revisited explains exactly how The Father The Son and The Holy Spirit relates to His Children and to the Lost. Should you read this book you will understand the Compassion of our God. The Shack has changed my thinking of how God relates to sin in our lives now and forever. I thank the Author for giving us this book which I know the Holy Spirit as a Person anointed him to write it. Every Christian and non believer should read this book "The Shack Revisited".Thank You Lord Jesus Christ for this Book, I give You all the Glory Amen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving on from 'The Shack ', 1 Feb 2013
If you enjoyed 'The Shack ' you will find this book most helpful. It goes into some detail of the theology that backs that story. Not a book you can skip through. Needs some thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new look at the Christian view of the Trinity, 12 Mar 2013
The writer has shared his unique take on the Christian faith and made me re-think and re-consider all my own beliefes and predjudices. I thoroughly recommend this to all Christians looking to refresh there faith journey.
The beginning is both shocking and slow stick with it and you will find the treasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Shack Revisited, 10 Feb 2013
A very insightful commentary,.
Would thoroughly recommend it of fans of The Shack; it looks at both the theology & the personal story that inspired it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book in it's own right, 19 May 2013
I agree with the other reviewer who said that this is far from lightweight. The author manages to get the balance right so that the concepts he explores are illuminating. A really refreshing book that explains the theological framework that informed The Shack. More than that, this book will challenge and encourage you to fully appreciate the depth of the love of God for you and his total acceptance of you. I was really ready to hear this so it has been a beautiful thing for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 18 May 2013
This is truly a wonderful book, it made me think and cry and smile. I need to reread it again and again, then maybe some of the wonderful insights will actually sink in. It also makes me want to read more of the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 15 Jun 2013
This is a good read, even better if you've read 'The Shack' first before you read it. It gave me a good view of what/who the holy spirit is and how the father, son and spirit are related. However,I did feel like there was quite a lot of repetition of the same stuff in some of the chapters. Other than that, great insight!!! I would recommend it to anyone who's read 'The Shack'

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 Feb 2013