Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 August 2013
I don't even know where to start with this 'book'. I really enjoyed The Game by Neil Strauss, in contrast to this, it was very funny, a good story and it was well written. This was far more like the drunken ramblings of a bloke you PRAY doesn't come sit next to you in a bar. This guy is by his very own admission the definition of a Social Hand Grenade (you can use that in your next book Tucker).

Tucker is a jock. Plain and simple. A social bully who prays on the weak and venerable - the fat, the awkward, the posh, the uncool etc etc. All his friends join in, because it's 'funny' providing they're not on the end of his 'wit'. The only time in this book that was funny and honest was the bit when he went on the Time Bandit. The rest of the book is all about him belittling women and other blokes.

Please don't think this review was written by a 50yr old guy with no sense of humour. It's not. This just wasn't funny. His portrayal of his relationship with Katy Johnson was appalling. There were bits of The Shawshank Redemption that were funnier. Freedom of speech is one thing, but outing a girl for being into sex and being a bit nuts on the internet purely for fun is not cool. I hoped she won the legal case, bankrupt this jock and therefore meant that I wasn't able to read this drivel.

There are SO many better 'lads' books out there than this. Hell, FHM is a better, more mature read than this.
on 19 August 2013
I have read all 4 of Tucker Max's books. The first one I LOVED. the writing style, the stories basically everything about it appealed to my very immature sense of humour. I purchased about 5 copies of "I hope they serve bee in hell" that I gave to friends who all loved it. The second book was not nearly as good but still OKish. the third and forth have just been atrocious. The stories are not nearly as clever or funny and lots are just add ons to previous stories from the earlier books. I would not recommend this book to anyone. even if you loved the first book I would seriously just stop there.
on 1 April 2013
Actions will always speak louder than words, I cried with laughter.... hard. I dribbled more than a hungry dog, banging my fist on the table, almost pooing in the work chair while trying not to fall off. Funny is an extreme understatement!
on 19 February 2016
Now this guy is a legend!! funny student humour. i dont think he will ever grow up. Its a collection of his stories, not for the easily embarrassed or prudish. Sexist,rude and downright offensive.

A must read
on 10 April 2016
Was very disappointed, think the humor and jokes are funny to one man the author. Seems a very self indulgent book written by someone who thinks they are the Centre of the universe
on 29 September 2013
Laughed my ass off. never quite reaching the heights of IHTSBIH but still a good cauldron of stories for the reader
on 13 February 2014
Perfect example of a fun life unspoiled by listening to anyones advice. If your going to do it then do it your way
on 25 January 2016
Amazing book and incredibly funny. It made me buy all the other books in his series.
on 29 April 2015
This book is so so funny. It was my holiday read and I absolutely loved it.
on 17 March 2015
very funny if your not a whingeing moralist...