5.0 out of 5 stars This just language book. Yet not for beginners, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: C# in Depth (Paperback)
Beware this book is just about language or rather its evolution. You will not find here basic information about condtional sentences, loop, primitive types and so on. Here you will get information how language evolved, why new features were introduced, and how they were implemented. I enjoyed this book because it explained those thnigs to me, so it will help me to use them properly.

If you look for something to begin your adventure with C# go for 'Essential C#' by Mark Michaelis, or for more advanced users 'C# in Nutshell' by Joseph Albahari.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for experienced developers, not for everyone, 22 Mar 2014
Eddy Young (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: C# in Depth (Paperback)
If all you want is getting things done in C#, then this book is an overkill. But, if you are an experienced C# developer and has been baffled by some of the language's behaviour, you need to have this book close at hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: C# in Depth (Paperback)
I haven't actually bought this book yet, although I have been waiting for it to be published. I didn't realise it had been until now! Anyway, it's not so much the book that attracts me but the author Jon Skeet. I've been a hobby programmer for a number of years playing around with various C style languages, i've played around with C# in the past albeit briefly and would very much like to dig deeper into the language specifics. While messing around with a C# application some years ago I searched stack overflow for some insight and clarification on an issue(relating to Expression Trees I think), I came across some answers by Jon Skeet. It's clear from the authors responses on stack overflow that he has a great deal of understanding about the language and is clear and concise with his explanations.
I will definitely be buying this book.

C# in Depth
C# in Depth by Jon Skeet (Paperback - 30 Sep 2013)
22.39