1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars well written, 31 Mar 2014
Mr. Mujahed A. Syed "M Syed" (Croydon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mule in Action (Paperback)
I started reading this book as I wanted to learn about Mule ESB. This is a well written book just for that. This book is packed full with information, It explains with reasonable amount of examples various common transports that we deal with on our work like JMS, HTTP/HTTPS, JDBC. Web Services. I was fascinated with the HTTPS example in general with little pain I was quickly able to learn those concepts, there were more surprises in soap security topic with author discussing soap security in great efficient detail. Authors have also clearly explained about scopes which has always been a area I wanted to explore. After a number of chapters describing how to use mule there is an advanced sections available for writing custom connectors and processors and understanding of mule API, book also covers various deployment patters and security and tuning is covered in great detail.

I found the general style of the book, although chatty, quite easy to read and examples easy to follow and they really work with little or no problem. I also found that the author david is very active on stackoverflow, and responding to most of user queries, which is extremely helpful.

The only criticism I have with this book is that with Mule 3.5 which is going to be out soon, this book may be little bit outdated but this is expected with all the technologies out there and unavoidable probably manning's early access edition was the answer. I think all in all this book is worth the money, and the best available on the market to learn and use Mule, very practical and very informative.

Mule in Action
Mule in Action by Victor Romero (Paperback - 9 Mar 2014)