5.0 out of 5 stars Good value
When I read reviews about this item, I was afraid, I'll get a bad paintjob, but mine is of rather high quality. The model itself feels tough, sits stable on the stand, and is an excellent decoration item.
Published 13 months ago by Tobias Kersten

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I recently bought this replica and for what it is it's over priced. I was very disappointed when the product actually came as the front bit had a small crack in it and was almost crumbling, the wings (i'm going to call them wings) on the front on the replica were also bent upwards making it look odd from certain angles.

If your a mass effect fan then its going...
Published 5 months ago by Alex

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Mass Effect: Cerberus Normandy SR-2 Ship Replica, includes base (Toy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 30 July 2012
I bought this for a friend who is a huge mass effect fan, and I was not disappointed. The paint job was well done and it sits quite nicely on the stand. It looks great in my friends room and was definitely a fantastic buy for anyone who likes the games. It feels good quality and I was pretty impressed with how well it was made.

My issues however are with durability and size. Firstly, I would not let a child play with this, and although it feels relatively tough (and far heavier than it looks) it seems more like a decoration rather than a toy. Also it is smaller than expected considering the price.

Still a fantastic buy however.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bit of memorabilia, 9 Oct 2013
I purchased this for my best friends birthday, we're both fanatical Mass Effect fans and we were both extremely pleased with the model, the attention to detail is amazing and the model has a nice weight to it and now stands proudly on her dresser. A must have for any fan of the series...Unless you're one of those *scoff* Alliance sorts

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice detail obscured by shoddy painting., 20 July 2012
K. W. Guerrero "FentonGib" (Gibraltar) - See all my reviews
Another reviewer made a comment after buying this version of the Normandy, and the Alliance version, that this one was better painted. Perhaps that reviewer was lucky, or the Alliance one must be a total disaster! The replica itself is detailed and attractive - although whilst it's quite long (about 5") the fact its so thin makes it feel much smaller. Ideal for placing on top of a low shelf or table (I have it on one of my computer speakers).

It is sadly let down by a horrendous paint job. Of the two SR2 labels on the engines, one is visibly sideways (whilst the other is not). The use of paint has been very heavy, and there is "flooding" in some of the gaps - the black paint of the engine areas is particularly bad, and on one side the amount of flooding is so severe that you almost lose the details. For this poor a job, I'd have preferred it came unpainted with decals and I'd get a hobbyist friend who collects Warhammer miniatures to paint it for me - I'm sure he'd have done a much better job.

All in all, it is a bit small and may make you feel like you aren't getting your money's worth - but this is offset by the novelty/collector factor if you are a Mass Effect fan... although this is diminished by the poor paint job. It must be said that the metal used feels extremely solid - even on the flimsy-looking bits at the front and rear... which are deceptively strong. I could believe that if I accidentally dropped this on my laminate floor the ship would bounce and the floor would be the one taking the damage.

If you are a fan of Mass Effect, you'll like it (as I do overall), and hopefully your painter will be better than mine. If you simply like collecting model starships, I might recommend going elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice mass effect Normandy, 14 July 2014
Nice replica, made from metal, look's precisely like the SR-2

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, 14 April 2014
I personally love everything to do with Mas Effect, The Cerberus Normandy is my fav out of all three designs. Being able to own a little version of it is wonderful

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Mar 2014

If your a mass effect fan then its going to be great either way because it's the Normandy! I'm going to say I was just unlucky and had a bad one and for that i'm giving it a 3/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill model, 28 Feb 2014
Bought for my Son as he's a big fan of the game. Really good model with great details and paintwork. One happy kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a wonderful ship., 21 Feb 2014
Just a huge fan of Mass Effect so this was a must for me and would recommend it to any fan of the trilogy.