Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 September 2013
My Girlfriend bought me this and although it took a while to arrive (trouble with the courier) it was well worth the wait. The front cover feels really nice and comes with a gold effect, very nice and high quality. The content for the first half is mainly Skyward Sword, but that's not a bad thing. The concept art is great and it gives you a real insight to the development process. Theres a lot of content for all the other Zelda games too plus a full chronological storyline which is great to read through! I'm really enjoying it and reading every bit of information I can :). Will bridge the gap between now and Wind Waker HD release anyway!

If you're a long standing fan of the Zelda franchise this is an absolute no brainer - honestly you'll love it!
on 19 February 2014
Wanted this since it first came out, being a Zelda fan since I was very young, this book was like everything and anything I've ever wanted. It lived up to my expectations and I love it so much. I recommend any Zelda fan to buy this book.
on 21 April 2013
I've been a long time fan of The Legend of Zelda series and this book is a very nice collectors item and gives an insight on the thought process behind each of Zelda games. If you're a fan you will love it, if you are not familiar could give it a read and see if it catches your interests.

The book itself is a hardback and its quite big in size, 240 pages plus a manga at the back which is good if you happen to like Zelda and Manga although I don't read Manga a lot but its a nice little interpretation of the Zelda series in Manga form.

I will probably hold onto this for many many years and I would advise any other fan of The Legend of Zelda to get their copy while they still can!
on 10 June 2013
I bought the historia back in april as an early birthday present to myself as I am a huge Legend of Zelda fan and I was so happy that I did, the artwork of the characters wa incredible and the 32 page manga at the back of the book was brillient to learn what happend prior to skyward sword. The first third of the book is centered around Skyward sword giving you all of the concepts that were from the making of the game, after that it goes onto the main timelibe an summerises everything that happens in the games. The last section is the concepts for the rest of the games from the first legend of zelda up to spirit tracks. Over all if you are a zelda fan you should definatily get this book.
on 17 April 2013
This is a great book and a fine celebration of 25 years of the Legend of Zelda series, the book gives a mix of a detailed chronology of the Zelda series with the history and interation of each game explained. There are also interviews with key figures from the development of the games (including a nice foreword by Shigeru Miyamoto).
But it's the artwork which makes this a great purchase, there is concept work for nearly every game in the series detailing the various incarnations of Link, Zelda and Gannon. This is a lovingly put together collection and includes a prequel manga for Skyward Sword.
If you love zelda buy this book, you won't be disapointed
on 30 April 2015
Just received the book (could not open it as it is a present) but it is perfectly preserved. The cover looks really nice and classy.
The shipping was fast and the book was well protected too.
on 9 December 2013
I'm really impressed with the speed of dispatch and delivery of this product. It came really well packaged and protected. My husband is a hardcore Zelda fan and I know he will absolutely love this. The book itself looks really good, lots of Hyrule history and info that any Zelda fan would love to read. There is just one teeny tiny problem - there was a small tear on the front cover, like something sharp had nicked it or been dropped on it before it was dispatched. Its not a major issue and my hubby probably won't even notice it, I'm just being a bit fussy as its a gift. Apart from that though I'm really happy.
on 15 February 2013
This is a fantastic book.
As a Zelda fan, it was awesome to get a peek at the design revisions and processes that bought some of the highest rated games ever into existence. The book is stuffed with game artwork that hasn't been released before and bits of series trivia are welcomed and help to explain the complex plots and curving storyline of the series.
oh, and the OFFICIAL ZELDA TIMELINE is included - it's practically impossibe to understand without the knowledge this book contains!! A must buy for anyone interested in the design processes of gaming or Zelda fan!
Cannot recommend enough!
on 29 January 2013
This book arrived a day earlier than I was expecting, and boy, was I glad to see it.

Having bought the original Japanese version when there seemed to be no sign of a translation coming, I was unsure of whether to buy this at all.
however, coupled with my lack of ability to actually read Japanese, the price really threw it for me at only £17!

When it arrived, I was expecting something much the same as my other copy, but was pleasantly surprised to see that this version is, in fact, larger. Even better, the artwork looks just as good, and not at all like it has been stretched in any way.

For any Zelda fan, it would be an honest shame to miss out on this book. I t looks (and smells) great,
and the sheer amount on information inside is staggering.
on 7 April 2013
This is a great addition to any Zelda fan's collection. In depth descriptions of all the games, interesting facts, artwork and finally an official time line! The Skyward sword has a good section of artwork but sadly the other games within the book only have a couple of pages of art in comparison. There also seems to be pages from the Japanese version not published in this. The front cover is stylish and stunning.

All in all, it's still a brilliant book for information but you might be a little disappointed with the artwork content if you have high expectations.