5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!
My partner has an original1948 publication of Watch Repairing as a Hobby. It was given to him by his grandfather who like my partner, was an avid amateur watch repairer and restorer. 'This little book is a gem of a how to book.' Or so my partner says.

Published 12 months ago by scribblesalot

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I Expected
I don't want to be a jeweller, I just wanted to know the basics and how to use various tools I bought to open watches to change the batteries, etc.
Published 4 months ago by Peter Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Watch Repairing as a Hobby: An Essential Guide for Non-Professionals (Hardcover)

So I bought him this reprint. I thought he'd enjoy the comparison, which he does. Though he enjoyed the book more.

Praise indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Repairing as a hobby, 21 Dec 2013
Gec Hitchcock (Poole Dorset) - See all my reviews
I'm just embarking on Repairing Watches as a hobby. This book is very involved but gives a great deal of information on most types of watches. Anyone thinking of taking up watch repairs as a hobby/service I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars watch repairs, 2 Dec 2013
It was very helpful as I hadn't a clue where to start but I do now thank you I use it a lot just to find where Iv'e gone wromng

5.0 out of 5 stars I can now change the battery in my own watch., 1 April 2013
Full of useful information,Well laid out and easy understandable. A hobby that i can now follow in my retirement. Good old Amazon does it again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 July 2014
A lot to take in

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Well written book with fine line drawings. Deals only with mechanical (Wind-up) watches

5.0 out of 5 stars WATCH BOOK, 26 Feb 2013
I HAVE YET TO PUT MUCH OF THIS INTO PRACTICE AS YET BUT LEARNING ABOUT THE INS AND OUTS ON THE WORKINGS IS VERY FASCINATING

5.0 out of 5 stars watches, 15 Jan 2014
Again another book for son who is progressing in taking watches apart and mending and cleaning the watches this will give him a lot of tips

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book., 3 April 2013
I ahve not read this all the way through, but what I have read is, as far as I can tell, very solid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I Expected, 6 Mar 2014