4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading, 18 Jun 2011
This is an excellent addition, not sequel really to Keeping Promise Rock because it features two other characters one of which you are only briefly introduced to in Keeping Promise Rock.
Again its frought with the struggle and heartache these men endure while trying to survive in a town full of narrowminded homophobics.
Mickey has a past that most people would be rendered functionless from but Shane thinks he's the most beautiful man ever to walk God's green earth and he will do anything, everything to have this man love him.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 3 July 2014
Again late starter on the promise rock series Shane and mickey. They were very good and I enjoyed there story. It started off a bit slow and got better. Download and enjoy going to start Jeffs story now. Hope it's a good one : )

4.0 out of 5 stars Promise Rock Series, 10 Aug 2013
L. Powell "Lori Powell xx" (England) - See all my reviews
I love these books, they are full of warm and generous characters. Though each of them hurt in their own way, together they are able to make it through.
Each character is unique, individual, yet there are things to love about all of them.
Some of the issues raised in these books are very close to my heart and Amy Lane handles them beautifully.
Though some of the scenes can be quite explicit, this is by no means the crux of the series. Warmth, generosity, love and family are what this series is about and I will definitely be checking out more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read from Amy..., 21 Jan 2013
BevS (East Anglia, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Yet another Amy Lane winner, although I did prefer the first book in the series to this one. We have the usual Amy Lane hallmarks - humour, angst, love, tenderness, heartache, redemption etc.,

A very strange pairing in this book - Mikhail, Russian ex-addict and street-whore (his words not mine) and Shane, an American trust fund baby who was also a phenomenal do-gooder, but who in his job as a cop, was not getting the back up he deserved because he was bi-sexual, and had almost been fatally injured as a result.

I absolutely loved Shane as a character, he was so warm, helpful and caring, I would have taken him home and protected him myself! Mickey was the complete opposite (but you know what they say about opposites!), selfish, whiny, temperamental, I didn't warm to him at all until his mother died, and then you actually got to see how much of his 'facade' crumbled, and underneath it all, he just wanted someone to love but was convinced that he wasn't worthy of anyone's love in view of his past.

Of course, during the book, we got to meet our old friends from the first story again, and that was wonderful, I love catch-ups. Deacon (I'm a real hottie but don't know it), Crick (I'm a pillock and do know it, but I love Deacon so what's your problem?), Crick's sister Benny who is also a lovely, warm, caring soul and her daughter Parry, Jon and Amy, Drew (Blood Loss), and Jeff (who gets his full book debut in the next outing 'Living Promises', and is a very flamboyant character on the surface).

I won't go into the story here, but suffice to say, this will be another keeper on my kindle, and I have already downloaded the last in the series.

Making Promises
Making Promises by Amy Lane (Paperback - 26 July 2010)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available