4.0 out of 5 stars Best manual I've found so far!
Published 12 months ago by krysten

3.0 out of 5 stars A very comprehensive guide
I have given this only three stars as I think it goes too far for the "complete idiot". It was bought for my wife but she has found it difficult to "dip into". We have since bought a copy of "Migrating to Windows 8" which is far easier to undefstand.
Published 8 days ago by instow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Best manual I've found so far!, 19 April 2013
This review is from: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Microsoft Windows 8 (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback)) (Paperback)
Have been using computers almost since they first came out and considered myself computer-savvy and the bee's-knees wrt Windows. But ... bought my new laptop with W8 on it a couple of months ago, together with a couple of self-help books (useless - dwelt mainly on cosmetics) and it had me stumped! After much cursing, tears and tantrums reailsed I needed the Idiots Guide. This has helped enormously and has given me most of the info I needed, 'specially about maintenance - creating a recovery drive, loading programs designed for older versions of Windows, etc etc. There's also a very useful keyboard command shorrtcuts at the back of the book.
The only reason I've given this book four stars instead of five is that I could have done with a roadmap-type facility - eg Task Manager is accessed thru Settings but isn't listed in the index - but this is only a niggle and you find everything eventually.
All in all - a really good buy and worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars great help for uninformed !, 17 April 2013
Shirley D. Walker (galashiels, scotland) - See all my reviews
Fantastic for this idiot. Very clear and entertaining as well. Still just half way through, but i expect i'll use this for reference for a long time. Good value and came quick as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A VERY GOOD BUY, 21 Feb 2013
It explains brilliantly in a language everyone should be able to understand, It is also a very good reference book and is really quite simplistic

5.0 out of 5 stars Is what it says, 19 May 2013
dog-gran (South Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
Having wasted money on other Windows 8 guides I decided to listen to the reviews on this book. For the first time ever I have been able to follow the guides and actually work a laptop without asking someone else(usually son) for help. Just don't be afraid to keep referring again and again, and eventually the brain will get it. I am so pleased with this guide, especially as Windows 8 is so very different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and straightforward, 14 May 2013
I prefer this to the Windows 8 for Dummies, as it's very comprehensive and in plain simple language without being patronising! The format and layout allow one to take everything a step at a time.
Joy Wodhams

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied with the content of this book, 1 April 2013
Michael Robinson "michaelrob" (Chester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I would have struggled to work out what to do in windows 8 without the help of this book. I now am very comfortable with windows 8 and I am enjoying the experience

4.0 out of 5 stars good for beginner's, 2 Dec 2012
the content is mainly for the new starter to windows 8 and gives a very good foundation to the program

5.0 out of 5 stars Help at Last, 31 Mar 2013
After just getting my head around Windows 7 this book will hopefully put me on a good chance of learning this system

3.0 out of 5 stars A very comprehensive guide, 9 April 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Complete Idiots guide for Windows8, 6 April 2014
No use to me whatsoever firstly I am Windows 7 so this was no help to me whatsoever gave it to a friend

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›