on 15 October 2010
I have read a few other books about iphone/iPad programming prior to this one, so I had an understanding before I started this book.

If you are a beginner, then it guides you through the early chapters, than it tells you what to do, but doesn't hand your hand and relies on what you learnt in the early chapters. This is a great way of testing that the knowledge sticks.

My one criticism with this book, is that it then goes into downloading feeds from Twitter. I really cannot stand Twitter and the way every single company is on there to be perceived as "cool". I don't see the point of it, and I would have preferred if they used something else to demonstrate the use of the features of iOS.

But, if you are a twitter fan, then go for it, because it could be useful for you.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 19 May 2012
This book was purchased to help understand the IPad I bought recently. It should not be entitled an idiot's guide it is far too sophisticated. I gave up reading it as it was too time consuming to unravel as to what the author was getting at. I wish the writer thought more about the reader there was not even a diagram showing where the controls were and an explanation of the different functions. OK I must be an idiot but this publication did little to help me understand the BASICS of my IPad. The 3 weeks it took to reach me was not clever either.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 9 April 2015
thanks
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...