5.0 out of 5 stars Slaying Excel Dragons, 8 Jun 2011
This review is from: Slaying Excel Dragons (Paperback)
To be honest, I bought this book out of a sense of loyalty. Having watched so many of Mike's YouTube videos, I thought I should at least support his book. I'm very pleased I did! Even for experienced Excel users there are numerous nuggets to be found.

Mike is a born teacher, as is apparent from his videos and this book. I just wish I had this book 15 years ago when I was starting out on my Excel journey!

Whilst I'm obviously a huge fan, my only caution to complete Excel newbies is that the book also contains some scary material...not to put anyone off, but for beginners not to lose heart if some things aren't that easy to grasp the first few times.

I highly recommend this book, but for complete beginners, I would suggest getting this book as well as 'Excel for Dummies'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slaying Excel Dragons Book, 29 April 2011
This review is from: Slaying Excel Dragons (Paperback)
After watching the demonstation videos on YouTube I was glad to to see that there was a book out that I could learn from when away from my computer.It covered the majority of the items i had veiwed on youtube in greater detail.
To add to to that, there are excel workbooks to practice and follow along with inconjunction with the book which also helped re-affirm what you have just learned.
The book itself is written in an easy to understand way with visual snapshots.
I can honestly say that this book is well worth reading and after you have read it you will want to keep it as a reference book,due to all the tips and time saving tricks that it has.
Im very happy with my purchase and would definately recommed anyone wishing to learn excel or learn new tips and tricks to get this book now.
Hope there is more to come

5.0 out of 5 stars Slaying Excel Dragons, 15 Mar 2011
This review is from: Slaying Excel Dragons (Paperback)
Fantastic book, something for all from complete beginner to advanced user (do not be put off by the front page where it says "A Beginners Guide to Conquering Excel's Frustrations and Making Excel Fun"), this is a very unique book with homework and downloadable files.
It is also a fantastic teaching aid.
A long time getting to publication but well worth the wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Excel resource, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: Slaying Excel Dragons (Paperback)
This is a great book for anyone who uses excel on a day to day basis. This book has helped me learn stuff I thought I knew, no book could cover everything but I would say this is pretty close. I'd like to ask the author to consider writing something just as easy to understand to Excel VBA macros.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best excel book, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Slaying Excel Dragons (Paperback)
Feels like paying a debt back pay for this book after all the free you tube help this guy gives for free the book is also excellent if you want to learn buy this well explained examples of the need to know stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Slaying Excel Dragons (Paperback)
I recommend it to anyone interested in Excel... and you can follow all th eexercises on You Tube!! What a luxury!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Slaying Excel Dragons (Paperback)
I have followed Mike on you tube for some time now. When the book was published I thought this would be a good hard copy for reference. I was right. Well written, easily understood.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Slaying Excel Dragons (Paperback)
Brilliant - excellent purchase would recomend to anyone who want to master excel and maximise the application for their use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read if you use excel, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Slaying Excel Dragons (Paperback)
this is the most authoritative book on excel that there is, it is written by THE excel guru worldwide and with the exercises and follow along guides it makes excel understandable for everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy learning, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Slaying Excel Dragons (Paperback)
Great book backed up by the down loaded files easy to understand,with back up videos, step by step tutorial,with great diction not snooty reader this guy has a passion to spread the word

Slaying Excel Dragons
Slaying Excel Dragons by Mike Girvin (Paperback - 21 Feb 2011)
24.99