4.0 out of 5 stars Message Remix Bible

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent writing style but tiny font
Published on 28 July 2010 by J. W. B. Waddell

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent writing style but tiny font, 28 July 2010
J. W. B. Waddell "jimmyboy1" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
I love The Message and wanted to update my beaten up old paperback NT for the whole bible with verse numbers. While I love the look of this version Message Remix 2.0 Bible-MS-Numbered the font is tiny. I am only 36 and have good eyesight but this font is too small and too thin. It's even smaller than the Compact NIV Study Bible. This should be made clear in the product description as I'm no going to have to exchange it for another one. If it weren't for the tiny font I would give this product 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Message Remix Bible, 12 April 2010
J. Fisher "Skip Says" (UK) - See all my reviews
This modern day bible is a great way to understand the teachings in today's modern world. I've been reading the Message bible for a few weeks now and do from time to time check it's translation against a NIV Bible and have found it brilliant. The delivery was on time too so if you are planning a day to be in or off work it's good company to buy it from. Short review I know, no point waffling, great book a "Must Have" if you searching for your faith or wish to understand the bible better suitable for all ages.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't Put It Down!, 22 Jan 2010
I bought this Bible as an experiment. It was recommended by a friend after I got hooked to the first few verses of Genesis in my friends own copy of The Message.

In terms of content I can't fault the style of wrtiting, however, I wish that it had a zipped cover to protect the pages whilst carrying it around in my handbag.

I've since bought two additional copies as gifts and a copy of The Message Solo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully bound bible, 4 Oct 2011
This was sent out well wrapped. The binding is lovely and feels soft. Pleasure to have and read. Bought it as a gift for someone and they love it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, 22 Sep 2010
B. Bell "Gubs" (Ayr, UK) - See all my reviews
Not having read the bible since Religious Studies at school, curiosity and current affairs led me to reconnect with The Good Book. I wanted something discreet though that I could read anywhere in peace and (more importantly) written in plain English so the straightforward point of the message could be considered. Don't get me wrong, the original style is beautiful and awe-inspiring in equal measure but I simply wanted to rediscover the teachings.

Anyway, this book ticked all of the boxes - portable, durable and easy to read. The text isn't overly small as commented on by other reviewers but I couldn't spend hours at a time reading it. Little and often it is then. All in all though, a sound purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Youth/Student Bible, 18 Sep 2009
K. Mcmillan - See all my reviews
A great application and a way to get into the bible. Uses english that is understandable to a youth culture and also for those who are older and find some of the standard bible to much! a nice looking case as well. Looks good and reads good. A great buy 100%.

Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Message Remix, 15 April 2014
I bought this version of the Bible for my daughter who is in her twenties. She was going through a very challenging time in hospital over a 4 month period, and the translation helped her to understand scripture in an appropriate and relevant way

3.0 out of 5 stars My Message Remix rating, 12 Jan 2014
I have used the Bible for a while now and think the back cover could be a bit more robust to last longer. That said I enjoyed the Bible itself as it imprints in your mind the meaning of what is being said.

I would recommend it to anyone looking to understand the Bible in everyday language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Message Remix, 10 Jan 2012
I have always been fascinated with how the message is written. It is a very good study tool and I for one am very happy with this compact bible. My plan is to use it in a reading plan later as i am currently going through the ESV Study Bible. As a study tool it makes the message of the bible plain and simple for all to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boys Bible, 4 Aug 2011
Chris Morse "faraway_pictures" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Very nice item. It has quite a rugged feel to it which is important to boys (I bought this for my 11yr old son), the next phase is to get him to read it.
The pages are incredibly thin, but it's a necessity, as it's quite thick already. Comes in a nice box that is worth keeping for storage, although that's also a bit of a disapointment as you want this out on the desk for every day reading.

Message Remix Vintage Brown Navy Lth Lk
Message Remix Vintage Brown Navy Lth Lk by Peterson Eugene (Imitation Leather - 11 Feb 2011)
23.43