5.0 out of 5 stars For all dog owners, 4 Jan. 2014
This book depicts the story of the life of a dog and it does so in quite an usual way. The story is told from three perspectives. The first is that of the dog. This in itself gives a unique understanding of how a dog might feel, think and gives astonishing insights into its behavior.

The second perspective is that of the dog’s owner describing the same incident from a human perspective.

Finally, for each incident there is an impartial explanation of how to handle these events for the best.

The thing I really like about this book is that it neither deifies the dog making your pet a ruler of your house, family and life, nor does this book portray dogs as a slave to be broken in, instead, giving a simple, rational explanation of what happened and what’s going on in the mind of the dog as it’s happening. This, to me, seems so much more healthy and balanced than many other dog manuals or training books.

I certainly leaned a lot about why my dog does what he does and how he might feel. Just from reading this it has strengthened the already special bond I have with my dog, and I feel we really understand each other in much better now. As a result, and without even trying, his behavior has improved. It’s almost by magic.

Just by understanding him better I relate to him closer and he, inexplicably seems to understand ME better too! He’s even stopped his old habit of pawing me in the evenings. He now relaxes by the fire whilst I get on with my knitting. And I honestly don’t even know what I did differently, but something just changed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative approach, 17 Dec. 2013
What a unique and innovative book, written from the perspective of dog and owner and packed full of tips to get you looking after your dog right. I particularly like the paw print image that highlights the tips. I think this book would be particularly useful for children before they get their first pet dog.

Duffy's World: Seeing the World Through a Dog's Eyes
Duffy's World: Seeing the World Through a Dog's Eyes by Faith McCune (Paperback - 1 Dec. 2013)