Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 October 2013
I really, honestly and completely enjoyed the first volume of the IDW comic series regarding my favourite ponies. However, this volume just didn't seem to match up. I'm not saying that it was bad - it wasn't; it was great, but I felt that it could have been so much better. I am not slagging off the artist or the writer - they had a really tough act to follow - but somehow there were parts of it that just didn't FEEL right, especially regarding continuity with the show. One of the subtle things that I enjoyed in the first Cook/Price (and major amounts of credit should go to Price for this) was the almost invisible, understated references to modern pop-culture, and to the Brony culture as well, that you would only see if you really looked, and I mean closely looked, at each panel of the comic. Regretably, that wasn't a real feature of this second volume.

Once again, I am not saying that it was bad - it was not. I enjoyed reading it and I am sure that I will enjoy reading it again. It just didn't have "as much" as the first volume in terms of laugh-out-loud moments and great background references - plus the story throws the canon of the series into jeopardy as far as Luna goes.

All in all: a nice, pleasant read, but I feel that it was an almost wasted story opportunity in terms of character development. My biggest gripe with anything is wasted potential - and unfortunately I feel that this did, somewhat, waste a great story and a great opportunity.
on 14 August 2014
The second volume of MLP FiM works well, its not a bad story but...for the epicness of the concept, the realisation fell a little flat.
This was a mixture of a Rarity and Luna story and if it had focused on them more, it would have been perfect, but the parts with the other mane5 seem to be there just to have them there, they contribute little to the story other than reforming one character.
The Spike part was heavily underutilised IMO, he amd Rarity have always had a special bond and introducing that heart gem only to have it mean nothing is a failure in my book.
Like I said its not bad, the art is womderful(Nightmare Rarity is amazing) and the plot works, its just not AS good as the Chrysalis return in Vol.1
on 12 May 2014
If you have looked at the rest of, my reviews l probably will of said really entertaining well same goes here reasonable story length and would recomened it to all pony lovers.Also just like the T.V series on POP andTINY POP+1
so your child will get a good picture of,,it all.
on 29 December 2014
I watched all 4 seasons of the show, but my God is this good. It ties to the show as well as applejacks lasso in the power ponies episode. It tells you more about the storyline, equstria's history, ect... a must read for anybrony
on 14 February 2014
Wonderful book either version will do, I have the kindle one, lovely layout and I can read it anywhere without having torn paper etc, recommended and all the other editions as well, for children and adults to everypony as well.
on 12 May 2015
I liked it when there friendship shined in the dungeon.
I didn't like it when they were all having there nightmares.
I recommend this book to rarity fans,because it's all about rarity.
on 4 August 2014
Unlike the first comic book, this contains just one story.
Like the first book, this has kept me pretty entertained while I've been ill.
on 31 January 2014
It's good... not ad great as the first one but it's good it made me have some liquid pride at the end but there you go its worth a read.
on 13 April 2015
Amazing comic to read and enjoy I loved it so much can't wait to read more of the great comics
on 12 March 2015
The product completely matches my expectations.