5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for children but for bronies everywhere
Wonderful book either version will do, I have the kindle one, lovely layout and I can read it anywhere without having torn paper etc, recommended and all the other editions as well, for children and adults to everypony as well.
Published 2 months ago by Matt

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first...
Published 6 months ago by BigHarry

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first..., 11 Oct 2013
BigHarry (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Volume 2 (My Little Pony (IDW)) (Paperback)
I really, honestly and completely enjoyed the first volume of the IDW comic series regarding my favourite ponies. However, this volume just didn't seem to match up. I'm not saying that it was bad - it wasn't; it was great, but I felt that it could have been so much better. I am not slagging off the artist or the writer - they had a really tough act to follow - but somehow there were parts of it that just didn't FEEL right, especially regarding continuity with the show. One of the subtle things that I enjoyed in the first Cook/Price (and major amounts of credit should go to Price for this) was the almost invisible, understated references to modern pop-culture, and to the Brony culture as well, that you would only see if you really looked, and I mean closely looked, at each panel of the comic. Regretably, that wasn't a real feature of this second volume.

Once again, I am not saying that it was bad - it was not. I enjoyed reading it and I am sure that I will enjoy reading it again. It just didn't have "as much" as the first volume in terms of laugh-out-loud moments and great background references - plus the story throws the canon of the series into jeopardy as far as Luna goes.

All in all: a nice, pleasant read, but I feel that it was an almost wasted story opportunity in terms of character development. My biggest gripe with anything is wasted potential - and unfortunately I feel that this did, somewhat, waste a great story and a great opportunity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for children but for bronies everywhere, 14 Feb 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it, 31 Jan 2014
It's good... not ad great as the first one but it's good it made me have some liquid pride at the end but there you go its worth a read.

ARRAY(0xb12fe7b0)

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Volume 2 (My Little Pony (IDW))
10.13