5.0 out of 5 stars Great read
Great book and looks real good.
Also a great read and good detail.
Would highly recommend to true blood fans.
Published 18 months ago by placebo89

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing, even for a hardcore Truebie.
I am a huge fan of the True Blood series - obviously I've watched all episodes so far, but I've also read every Sookie Stackhouse novel written by Charlaine Harris. I read in another review online that this book was relatively enjoyable for fans of the TV series, so I decided to order a copy for myself to peruse.

I won't give too much away (hopefully) but these...
Published on 8 Mar 2011 by Mariko

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing, even for a hardcore Truebie., 8 Mar 2011

I won't give too much away (hopefully) but these are the reasons why I didn't enjoy it very much:

1. The storyline is rather bland. As others have said, for a wacky supernatural series such as TB, not much happens in this book. Most of it involves each character sitting around in the bar and telling stories.

2. I found the illustrations beautiful but the characters lacking in facial emotions. Some of the human characters watch as their friends are killed in front of them without their fear registering in their faces.

3. It annoys me that each of the characters (especially Sookie) can look very similar to their human counterparts on one page, and then look drastically different on another. I wouldn't mind if Sookie didn't look like Anna Paquin at all, so long as the difference was kept constant!

In conclusion: It was interesting for a first time read, but I doubt I'll ever pick it up again. I don't think it was worth the money. Borrow someone else's copy or read it online if you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 Jan 2013
Great book and looks real good.
Also a great read and good detail.
Would highly recommend to true blood fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Blood; the GN, 25 Mar 2011
I truly enjoyed this. It's a completely original story, rather than just a re-telling of one of the series, or the earlier novels.

The character likenesses aren't all photo perfect or totally consistent true, but this is why it's called "drawing" and not "photography". Equally, the story isn't "all action", but it takes place over one night, and even in a series about psychics, vampires, shapeshifters, werefolk and other supernatural entities, you don't have to have nothing but action.

The biggest issue I can see is that, despite it being scripted by Alan Ball, I'm not sure we'll see the character growth and change from this piece reflecting in the series. The novel series seems to me to be more parallel to the Tv series, and of course is way way down the road from here.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 14 July 2013
Curiosity Killed The Bookworm (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: True Blood Volume 1: All Together Now (True Blood (IDW)) (Paperback)
True Blood: All Together Now is a graphic novel based on the TV show. Trapped inside Merlotte's by a demonic creature, the characters much each share their most shameful secret or face certain death. There's Sookie, Jason, Sam, Eric and Bill taking turns telling a little bit of back story. Some of it are things we already know but there are a few new pieces of information.

As it's based on the TV show, the characters are all drawn to match the actors. I did think Sookie looked a bit mean and there are times their faces aren't consistent. This might be because there is a whole team of "creators" behind this book; David Messina, Mariah Huehner, David Tischman, Elisabeth R. Finch and Kate Barnow as well as Alan Ball of course. The best drawings for me was of Sam in his dog form (and I liked his story the most). There are also photos from the show in between each chapter which were a bit distracting from the story.

Good for fans of the show who want something extra but the artwork didn't stand out and the stories weren't anything special. I wouldn't pick this up as a standalone as it relies on you having prior knowledge of the characters. A nice, quick distraction for someone who doesn't read a lot of graphic novels.

Review copy provided by publisher.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great alternative gift for someone who has the books, 12 Jan 2012
my partner is a huge TrueBlood fan (i've written that sentance a lot recently) and she loved this, I've bought her the 2nd volume for the Christmas just gone, which i'll review when she tells me how it is... but if you've got the books, these are a nice alternative, and the illustrations are excellent

True Blood Volume 1: All Together Now (True Blood (IDW))
True Blood Volume 1: All Together Now (True Blood (IDW)) by David Tischman (Paperback - 9 July 2013)
11.68