4.0 out of 5 stars Turtles back and entering a better standard
Published on 16 Dec. 2012 by K701

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a start
I enjoyed this overall, but I do have a few minor issues. The artwork was quite dull in colour and often lacked definition, while I do enjoy the artist doing things in their own style, I do feel that the pages could have popped out more. It's quite a short read, not the best story but I didn't hate it, I do feel this will be a series worth investing in.
Published 6 months ago by Galoot King

4.0 out of 5 stars Turtles back and entering a better standard, 16 Dec. 2012
This new run is fantastic. The art work is outstanding artistically, not in a detailed way, but stylistically (not pretentious though). The story begins and merges with the micro series one shots. The paper stock is of a higher standard than your average graphic novel and if you're a book sniffer- you'll love these. The following 2 volumes are of equal standard and I find myself becoming impatient for vol 4. I find these to sit in a space between DC and Marvel, taking aspects of both presentations and feel.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first Mutant Turtle comic, 17 Sept. 2014
Squirr-El (The Metropolis, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
The stories from issues #1-4 of IDW's new series of `Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' comic are collected as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 1: Change is Constant. This is my first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic, despite having read comic books for over 50 years. I have no idea what the `real' origin of the characters is, nor whether this is a brand-new origin, or a retelling of the original. However, it was an entertaining comic, though a quick read, as it lasted only a bus journey from Bricklayers Arms to Regent Street. The artwork is a bit cartoony - but no more than recent Spider-Man stories - and the story and scripting is reasonable, though I am getting a bit tired of mystic oriental masters preaching inner peace while practicing external violence.

The story opens with three Turtles and their Zen-rat master Splinter facing off against mutant Cat street-gang leader Old Hob in a turf war, interspersed with flashbacks to a laboratory where secret genetic experiments are under way, and co-incidentally housing a tank with four baby turtles, and a lab-rat who is free to wander about while testing psychotropic drugs are tested on him... The fourh Turtle is missing, and while the band of brothers searches for him, he is wandering the streets of New York in search of food and shelter. He stumbles upon an abusive father beating his (teenage) son, and steps in to help. The teenage son turns out to be a masked vigilante of sorts, and gradually all three stories start to join up, as we see a break-in at the lab where the baby turtles, rat and passer-by alley cat get doused in various secret super-soldier serums being stolen by masked ninjas as the rat manages to defeat them al, though the cat gets away with one Turtle... The super-soldier serums mutate the Turtles, rat and cat into humanoid forms (with innate language skills and knowledge of pizza), and the two main factions establish themselves as rivals. Eventually, everybody meets up in the finale and the Turtles are reunited. Meanwhile, still in the background, there is a mysterious general who has been financing the experiments, and the mysterious masked ninjas who broke into the lab. Bearing in mind that this is a comic book, the story hung together reasonably well, and was entertainingly told. I shall certainly read further volumes if they present themselves at my local library.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift, 31 Oct. 2013
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend as it combined his love of comic books with his childhood love of tmnt. I looked through it myself and am confident he is gonna love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start, 18 April 2014
A bit of a slow start but when it picked up pace it really got going. You can can see that something great is coming, will definitely get into this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars But the story seems to be good so far, 29 July 2014
I grew up with the original TMNT so it's taking a while to get my head around the new way in which they were created. But the story seems to be good so far. But I will wait for the next volume to go down in price as I do think Amazon takes liberties when it comes to the prices of digital novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read for anyone, 23 Oct. 2014
Amazing no wonder the movie took certain aspects of this comic amazing artwork great story you see the ninja turtles story being chopped and changed soo much but this comic is a massive breathe of fresh air cant go wrong with this if your starting out or a seasoned fan this is a must buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 24 Feb. 2013
Was a big fan of the turtles back in the day and when I saw they were releasing a new comic series I decided to go for it. Very dark and serious with a good story line, I enjoyed it and am currently waiting for the final installments to come out!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like where its going!, 4 May 2012
Adam Gaterell - See all my reviews
I feel with all the michael Bay movie changes talked about that this is what michael bay should read as a guide on how to change it if you feel you need to... The Art work, the story and where the story could go is beautifully put together, one original TMNT man involved making sure that the best ideas, storylines and possible links and nods to the oiginal story are there whilst still making it it's own story! I don't want to ruin it for people, but important players like general krang and stockman in there from the beginning, no shredder but for good reason so far! i'll be getting volume 2 for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heroes in a half shell, 1 Aug. 2014
Turtle power! Telling the story from the start, makes you remember why you loved them do much!!
Excellent story, ready for next part!

5.0 out of 5 stars TMNT, 3 Oct. 2013
S. A. Weller "Sambini" (Northants, England) - See all my reviews
Cowabunga, awesome retelling of the turtle story! I loved it! This is a must-have for all true fans! Turtley Awesome!!!