Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 18 March 2013
First off, this isn't an adaptation of The Dunwich Horror, it's a sequel of sorts. Long story short the grandson of Henry Armitage has to finish the job of sending the big bad monster back to the "other place". Most everyone gets killed, but it doesn't matter because they aren't given any depth as characters, so you don't really care. To me it read like a very average Call of Cthulhu scenario, with stilted dialogue. Find the formula, shout it out, monster gone. Couple of nice touches, the flash drive idea for example, but overall disappointing.

The two stars is for the art, which is good throughout - apart from the decision in The Hound to print the story in white script, virtually unreadable.

I don't like to slate any HPL adaptations, I normally enjoy and re-read them, but I won't be keeping this one
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse