1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Let's Go Most of Western Europe and 3 Eastern European Countries 2013', 2 July 2013
This review is from: Let's Go Europe 2013 (Paperback)
I bought this guide hoping for an updated version of Let's Go Europe 2004, which I used to great effect on an interrailing trip in 2010, however I was disappointed to find that the 2013 version has been severely downsized. Half of the countries I am hoping to visit on my trip this summer aren't even mentioned in the book! Switzerland, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia and most of Eastern Europe have been omitted. In particular, the absence of Switzerland and Croatia is very surprising, since both countries are well traveled by students and, in my opinion, should be included in any book advertising itself as a student's guide to Europe.

I should really stress that I am comparing this book to the much more comprehensive 2004 edition, which included sections on 36 countries (even Morocco!). The countries that are covered in the book seem to be well described, but I just feel that this guide was falsely advertised as a guide for Europe as a whole. I have looked at the product description more carefully and find no mention of the countries included, apart from the misleading line "From Portugal to Hungary, from Great Britain down to Greece".

To clarify, so no one makes the same mistake as me, this book includes sections on 15 countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and Turkey. It does NOT include Scandinavia, Switzerland, or most of Eastern Europe. Overall, very disappointing. Think I'll be using my 2004 edition again this summer!

Let's Go Europe 2013
Let's Go Europe 2013 by Inc. Harvard Student Agencies (Paperback - 10 Jan. 2013)