5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy or Historical Drama.
I must say that I loved this and it went past really quickly for me - in fact I have already pre-ordered the next part of this Saga. The only thing that was slightly disappointing was the abrupt ending, which may have been the result of the collaboration, but didn't seem like a natural break.

Given the nature of the writers' past output, I was expecting more...
Published on 11 Jun 2012 by Bruce

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame on you Mr Stephenson
Having just reached the end of Mongoliad Book 1, I am frankly astonished that Neal Stephenson has allowed his name to be associated with this novel, which as another reviewer has accurately described it, feels like a failed children's GCSE project. I like many turned to this novel having been captivated by the rest of Stephenson's work, hoping to find something similar to...
Published 19 months ago by The Baron

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 414 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise interesting, easy read, 22 Jun 2014
Purchased this book as part of a Kindle sale so didn't know what to expect. Read it while on holiday by the pool and thoroughly enjoyed it. I knew next to nothing about the Khan invasions so this has been an interesting read. Have since purchased the next book in the series to read when I next go away.

4.0 out of 5 stars definitely recommended, 14 Jun 2014
I have purchased the set and lookingrward to reading them all. The first book is very good, and the story kept me interested all the way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding book 1, 18 May 2014
A very enjoyable read that pulls you along page after page chapter after chapter very good read and highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 15 May 2014
There are clear signs of Neal Stephenson's hand in this, and I'm a fan of the pseudo-historicity. Now for books 2 and 3.

4.0 out of 5 stars First in series, 26 April 2014
This was on offer to get into the series and it worked! I ended up getting the whole series and enjoyed how the story and characters developed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ripping Yarn, 24 April 2014
Enjoyed this book, made a change from the usual crusade/knight books that I've read. Maybe ended prematurely, to get you to buy the next in the series, which I will o.
All in all a book that I wanted to read a few pages of given the opportunity.

4.0 out of 5 stars The mongoliad, 17 April 2014
shaping up to be a good tale a bit too early to tell I think once the story settled into the characters and vice versa we'll get a better idea. at the moment the mongols story is the more intriguing .

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, quite grisly, a bit slow at times, 7 April 2014
A good story re-emagining an interesting time in history. Fairly graphic description of atrocities, some of the story lines are a bit slow at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars history & adventure, 4 April 2014
this series of books gripped straight away , its the crusades meets the mongol hordes , characters are easy to connect with & i love the way they expand the story as the books go on & pull them all the characters individual stories together to make a whole

3.0 out of 5 stars Uncompleted, 3 April 2014
Joseph G. Doherty (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
I understand why series of books are written but I insist that each book should be a complete section of the story in its own right. The Mongoliad has four individual streams of story none of which are anyway near resolved in Book 1. Although I enjoyed the tale in itself, I will not be returning to the series because I feel I am being coerced into buying the next book and no doubt each subsequent book, until the final one, will similarly be left unresolved.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 414 | Next ›

The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1) by Mark Teppo (Paperback - 24 April 2012)