4.0 out of 5 stars Hit me, baby, one more time, 11 Jun 2012
S. Richards (Deep South) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: In the Zone (Kindle Edition)
I have read more severe bdsm, but I have to say this Dom is pretty forceful and demanding, always in control, always willing to correct and to discipline. If you prefer an easy Dom, one who's afraid to get a little rough, then you might not like Master Nathaniel. He's going to fist a hand in your hair and make you lower his zipper with your teeth; he's going to make you crawl across the floor and kneel to await his instruction. I loved him. Nathaniel's also a caring Dom, too. Very into aftercare, into looking at the deeper issues, into looking at his sub and gauging what she needs, even those things she's too afraid to ask for.

I liked this heroine, Alani, too, beautiful but different. She's described as petite and sexy, with a well-rounded butt made for spanking, and has long dark hair Nathaniel likes to get his hands into. She's exotic and Hawaiian, and I pictured a graceful and sexy hula girl. She's also a masochist; no pain is too much for her. She works as a professional sub in the bdsm club that Nathaniel owns part of.

Alani is used to play-acting and pretending, fulfilling club members' fantasies and acting out the scenes that turn them on. She's only working at the club to get her pain fix, not really into to the whole D/s thing, but as a professional submissive, she needs to be more, well, submissive. She's too busy trying to top from the bottom. Nathaniel actually catches her in a scene with a club member, rolling her eyes and yawning through it. So, he steps in to re-train her, and he's not one to take any excuses from her. He expects her to obey or else.

Alani isn't a perfect sub, and I liked that about her also. She's very independent, spunky, stubborn, sometimes too stubborn for me, but that just made it more spicy and gave Nathaniel a reason to put her over his knee. It's all very hot, all the action very sexual and erotic to me, from the spanking to the crawling, from his calling her a pain slut to the anal play (plenty of anal sex and anal play in this story). Combine all that with a strong-handed and controlled Dom who soon gets possessive, and you get a quote like this one: His woman. His. She brought out his inner caveman. "I'm going to f- you," he said. "I'm going to fill your hot c- and ride you like the little painslut you are." Man, my kindle almost exploded. Lots of good stuff like that in the story.

It begins as simply re-training a misbehaving sub, which then leads to Nathaniel wanting to play outside the club, a no-strings affair, just scratching each other's itch. Alani wants some hard, exquisite, even brutal pain, and he wants to see if he can control and command her in every way. He sees that she is actually submissive and that she needs a heavy and sure hand to go along with that submission. Soon, he begins to want all of her, her complete surrender. And that's the true appeal of this erotic journey: seeing him master her.

To master something means you know it inside and out, you control everything about it, and that's what Master Nathaniel does to and for Alani. He masters her, and in her surrender to his control and domination, she finally sees what's been missing. They both end up getting what they want, along with something so much more: love. In the Zone was so hot to me, and at 205 pages, it has all the D/s action I crave, with lots of detailed and well-written sex, all of it scorching hot and with the strict, demanding but thoughtful kind of Dom I love.

I just hope this is the beginning of a series. I really want to see this couple again, and I definitely want a story for Master AJ and Master Marcus, and Jaron, too.

And P.S. This is an m/f bdsm erotic romance, no m/m or f/f involved. No menage either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sir...I mean Master Nathaniel, just **** me already!!!, 31 Aug 2012
This review is from: In the Zone (Kindle Edition)
This is probably my favourite of SC's books, Master Nathaniel is a very consistant dominant who is a bit bowled over by professional sub Alani but is determined to make her his sub, this story follows Alani's reluctant acceptance of her status as a submissive as well her understanding that she is a submissive.

Alani is one tough cookie and throughout you are not sure just how submissive she is as she constantly tries Sir's patience and tests his commitment to training her, he however turns the tables on her and makes her realise that she wants to do anything to please him - thereby admitting submission to him.

It was a good book, I just really got hot with some of the scenes - Nathaniel is a very hot master and as always with SC's characters, they are people whom I would love to meet in real life. Alani is sassy and manipulative whilst Nathaniel is a solid dominant - there is a chink in that armour though.

5.0 out of 5 stars In the zone, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: In the Zone (Kindle Edition)
I have read a few of Sierra's books now but this is my favourite. Nathaniel is hot and everything a good Dom should
be. It's a battle of wills throughout the book. I couldn't put it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 31 Aug 2014
This review is from: In the Zone (Kindle Edition)
love her books neally as good as cherise Sinclair,s shadowlands

In the Zone
In the Zone by Sierra Cartwright (Paperback - April 2013)
6.56