5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Imaginings
Wow, what a great book! Truly one my most favourite reads of late. I'm normally very picky with what I read, tending to stay with only a few authors I know but I loved this book and the different versions of Oz all, strangely seeming to link together, are brilliant. I would definitely recommend.
Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars A collection of different quality tales
The problem with this collection of stories is that while I thoroughly enjoyed some of them, others were mediocre and I found myself disinterested. There is nothing wrong with them, just not to my taste.
Published 12 months ago by Kristina Watts

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Imaginings, 10 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Imaginative, 4 April 2013
At 36 I discovered that Baum wrote 14 books I thought it was 3, so I got the book and read each story as hungry for the next as I was sated by the last, I was then recommended by Amazon, this anthology, it's amazing, give 15 authors the same ingredients with and each come out with such a different 'cake' each as imaginative as the next. It's difficult to have a favourite as each content playing with different emotions, Dorothy Dreams (Simon R. Green) is so poignant and touching, Emeralds to Emeralds, Dust to Dust (Seanan McGuire) is so totally different it's difficult to name a favourite but I think it would be One Flew Over the Rainbow (Robin Wasserman) which using two very recognisable literary stories and throwing them in the washing machine with an amazing result, the final story The Cobbler of Oz (Jonathan Maberry) has that childlike innocence that Baum himself could have written. It seems wrong to have named a fraction of the stories, they are all good in there own way. I would say that this is not a compilation for children, some I would not even allow a teen to read but for an adult it's an amazing nostalgic journey with a new twist.

3.0 out of 5 stars A collection of different quality tales, 26 July 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Over modern and harsh, 8 April 2013
The tales were on the whole too modern and very"black" in tone. I felt they did not fit in with the ethos of the original they grew from.

Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond by John Joseph Adams (Paperback - 26 Feb 2013)
7.64