5.0 out of 5 stars Got quite teary at times (book 4)
Our Cyn's back again and now mated to Raphael. It's Raphael's turn to show why he is the ultimate vampire Lord.
Published 21 months ago by nina loves erotica and paranormal

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not as good as the others in the series...
Published 21 months ago by donaldronald

5.0 out of 5 stars Got quite teary at times (book 4), 13 Aug. 2013
He's having to travel to another territory cos Lord Lucien as been neglecting his responsibilities. Some of his children have been killed and he's done a runner leaving Sophia (one of his oldest and most trusted children) to face the music. She's lived in Rio for years away from her sire and all the stupid territorial issues that come with it so she's a bit miffed.
Meanwhile back in the town where the troubles been brewing Colin the security detail is trying to help the vampires and find out whose behind all this. He gets a surprise when Sophia turns up cos he knows her and he thought she was dead. So now he's miffed.
Anyway Colin, Sophia and Raphael's security have to get together and investigate. This includes Cyn who's still a PI although protecting Raphael and what is his are her main concern.
There were some moment's even I got emotional. Our Cyn gets hurt and it made me hurt (bless her). The tender moments were so lovely and there were quite a few.
The story line was interesting and riveting but the best bit was learning more of the structure and workings of the vampire world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new Vampires of America books, 8 July 2011
This review is from: Sophia: 4 (Vampires in America) (Paperback)
I have to admit as much as I love this series ...... I'm still not a Cyn fan! She really bugged me in this book for some reason, I can't work out why exactly. I think it's the whole stubborn mule thing she has going? I mean, she chose to be with a Vampire Lord but she can't stand the protectiveness of him and how he tried to keep her from danger. I know she was all strong and independent before him but still ...... there's just a little thing always niggling at the back of my head when I read scenes with her.

I liked Sophia though (is it Soph-eye-a or Soph-ee-a? I constantly jumped between the two, neither one sitting comfortably in my mind) and Colin as well. And of course, more of the delectable Duncan =D

So yeah, that's my thoughts. If you've read the first 3 then you're undoubtedly going to read this and if you haven't read the first 3? What the hell are you doing still reading this? Go buy them all now!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophia Review, 6 Feb. 2014
Evampire (Gonzales, LA USA) - See all my reviews
The fourth book in the Vampires in America keeps the reader on the edge of their seat.

The beautiful and deadly Sophia has spent the last 100 years dancing her way through the balmy nights and hot-blooded men. Her Sire sends an urgent summons and Sophia returns home to find that he has disappeared, three dead vampires and letter with her name on it. A former Navy SEAL, Colin Murphy takes on the mantle of warrior once again when someone starts killing local vampires and torturing their mates. Following her Sire’s trail of death, Sophia unexpectedly spends the night in Colin’s arms, but they both soon find themselves in a race to uncover the killers, before Sophia is the next dead vampire.

This fast paced plot gets the adrenalin pumping with lots of action, suspense and romance. The author describes every scene with vivid imagery and detail that captures the imagination and makes the reader feel as if they are part of the story. The bewitching characters have strong charismatic personalities that are easily related to and leave the reader wanting to know more.

The sex scenes in the book are hot and steamy and leave the reader scorching. There is plenty of romance with Colin and Sophia which is complicated by their past adding depth and emotional turmoil, but the story is spiced up even more with Cyn and Raphael’s explosive romance as well.

The intriguing story line keeps the reader guessing with a few surprises that the reader doesn’t see coming. Once I started reading it, there was no way to put the book down until I finished the last page. I love that the original characters from the first book is still a major part of the series and how each book not only includes them but brings in more wonderful vampires and humans and give them their stories as well. So far I have loved each and every one these books and so far and I can’t wait to read the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars another great instalment - great series, brilliant to read!, 30 Jan. 2014
Another book, another Vampire Lord.

This one is no straight forward, just like the rest. I love the fact that each book, though essentially has the same baseline plot, each book is totally different.

This has us back with Raphael and Cyn being involved, and quite heavily.

Sophia is summoned from her Sire, Lucien, who is the Vampire Lord of the canadian borders. Sophia hasn't been in touch with Lucien for over half a century and realises this is not a good thing.

Upon arrival, Luciens lieutenant is less than welcoming, but the housemaid knows Lucien left Sophia a note in the safe. This is what worries her. Theres been murders.

Raphael during his day sleep feels 2 of his own children die, waking with tears running down his face and a worried Cyn.
They leave for Vancouver immediately.

For Sophia, she needs to find what has happened to her sire. For Raphael, its to find whos doing these murders and wreak vengeance on them.

The local law enforcer, Colin, is just an ex SEAL, who everyone in Coopers Rest turns to for any kind of policing help. He discovers the first attack, which was a viscious attak on a vamps mate while he was in slumber during the day.
He joins with the Vamps to help find these monsters (which is ironic that the monsters are human - not the vamps).

Its revealed that he knew Sophia as a lover, and believed she died 10 years ago in an explosion. To say hes in total shock is an understatement. Sophia is too in shock to see him....and tries to explain...but Colin is having a hard time getting his mind around all the info....

During a day Cyn, her bodyguard Robbie and Colin, go to the local (only) bar in the town..but its way too quiet....luckily they are armed to the back teeth...
The minute Colin opens the bar door, they are fired on from every side. Cyn is badly injured....death door is opening.....Raphael is just about to wake from his day sleep, and he can feel her pain as Robbie and Colin rush to get her back to the compound. This is the first time you get a good glimpse of what a pissed of powerful lord is like. wow. Dont want to be on the recieving end of it...

So, who is doing this brutal attacks? This includes raping, beating, murders, destruction....
Sophia is the most powerful of Luciens children....if they cant find Lucien, would she step into the Vampire Lords place? And would the children that surrounded Lucien accept her so easily?
Can Cyn be saved and be the whole person she was before?

I swear, this series is a complete joy to read, and yeah, im already on book 4!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 7 Dec. 2013
"I think I might have been wrong about what the Fates were telling me back then. Or maybe I just don't care anymore. You're the only man I've ever loved, Colin Murphy, and I'm tired of living without you." (Sophia)

******************
Cyn: "It's good to be the king, huh?"
Raphael: "Only if you're my queen, lubimaya."

***********************

Once again, it was a pleasure to read a new book in this series and I'm excited to start with the next one! As happened before, I felt na enormous thrill when I started with "Sophia". I liked very much that the main character is a woman and her mate a human man, it's unusual that the man figure is "weaker" in a book.

In Canada 3 vampires are murdered and Lucien, the canadian Lord is missing. Sophia, the most powerful vampire in Lucien's circle, having lived in South America for decades, goes back to Canada, responding Lucien's request. After the deaths of 2 of his vampires, Raphael travels to Seatle to find out what happened, soon realizing that the canadians and the Seatle deaths are linked. Sophia too travels to Seatle where she meets Colin, the police figure in the small town where the murders occured. Sophia and Colin are old acquaintaces, more, they were lovers a decade ago, separated when Colin thought she died in an explosion. Looking for the murderers brings danger to the vampires and humans involved, especially Cynthia, trigging Raphael's wrath.

This was a book for Sophia and Colin, but it was also and more even, to Raphael and Cyn, this couple had a strong presence and intervened more than the other. I loved it! Cyn and Raphael became the best couple I met in the last years. The love stories and emotional and the mystery/action is so riveting it's hard to stop reading.

The best series I met the last few years, no doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome addition to the series and Cyn is back :) YAY!!!, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Sophia: 4 (Vampires in America) (Paperback)
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!!
***Received ebook from Belle Books for an honest review

The cover has recently had a makeover and it looks awesome :) very sexy :)

Okay I loved this books as much as the first 3 :) D.B. is an awesome writer :) I can imagine being there with everything happening. She is very descriptive.

I was excited because Cyn, Raphael, and his crew were all back in this book with a few new characters to love too (Sophia and Colin). Of course there were bad guys and action galore :) I never want to put these books down when I read them :) Some things happened that made me yell Noooooo, but I won’t give it away. What would be the fun of that ;) it is your journey to enjoy :) Cyn is still head strong and getting into trouble and Raphael is trying to protect her from herself…lol I didn’t like Sophia at first, but after she started interacting with Colin and you got back story, I liked her much better :) She seemed more personable. I thought she was uppity and wanted to slap her at first :) Colin is awesome, and I hope to see both of them again :)

I highly recommend this book and series to anyone who likes vampire romance and lots of action :) Time to pick a new book to read :)…I’m thinking the next book in the series :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Four, 5 Nov. 2011
This is the fourth in the series written by the author D B Reynols. These are excellent and fairly lengthy novels and are not the romantic type of vampire book so popular these days. There is a lot of violence and perceived justice is meted out in a swift and brutal way on several occasions. Although there is some sex in the book it is not for the fainthearted and is not a romantic novel in any way. What the book is however is a good read and fans of the previous three novels will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Going Series to Read, 18 April 2014
I do agree with some other reviewers that this book is more about Raphael and Cyn but I can't complain at that as I love those two characters. Sophia and Colin were more of a side story and we were never really shown the scale of Sophia's power but that is something I am sure the author will progress in later books. I am enjoying the way the Vampire world is developing and reading these books is a lovely way to disappear into another world for a few hours. Glad I discovered this author!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not as good as the others in the series..., 12 Aug. 2013
I didn't not enjoy this book but... I found I could leave it easily. So far the others in this series have been page turners this one just didn't grip me. Nothing wrong with the characters, for me it was the plot, not gripping enough. I wished also the characters had not known each other previously. It almost felt like an extension of the Raphael and Cyn books and although I love these characters I thought I was buying a new characters book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing Book, 25 Feb. 2015
This book was some what different to the 3 before it, with the title character playing second fiddle to Lord Raphael. A great story with an intriguing cliff hanger as the ending.
Hold on No5 in the series Vampires in America, I'm coming to read you now!!
I can't wait!!!!

Sophia: 4 (Vampires in America)
Sophia: 4 (Vampires in America) by D. B. Reynolds (Paperback - 8 April 2011)