5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, Fantastic Online Resources
Published 9 months ago by JacksterD

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a good book
I ordered this product and it came within 1 working day. It seems like an extensive book and I will be taking my test on the 17th September. Hopefully this will get me through the GRE as I have not done maths in 6 years as I went straight from GCSE level to my speciality in Media.

Published 6 months ago by Becca

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, Fantastic Online Resources, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Kaplan GRE Premier 2014 with 6 Practice Tests (Kaplan Gre Exam Premier Live) (Kaplan GRE Premier Program (W/CD)) (Paperback)
I just sat the GRE and this book was the most useful resource in preparing for it. By far the most useful part of the book is the online resources that the book gives you access to. There's a diagnostic sample GRE test which gives you an idea of your strengths and weaknesses in the verbal and quantitative sections, and there's also 10 sample verbal and 10 sample quantitative sections. There's also a few full GRE tests to try before test day.

In the actual book itself I found the maths sections to be very helpful. If you've taken maths at school then most of the GRE maths should be vaguely familiar to you, but this book helps with the specifics which come up on the test and also gives some fantastic techniques which can save you time in the exam. The guides to the verbal and analytical writing sections are also great, and there's a list of the most common words that come up in the verbal section at the back which is good (a few of those words did actually come up in my verbal section, so it's a good thing I studied the list!).

I bought both the Kaplan book and the ETS book when I booked my test, but overall I've spent 95% of my study time in the Kaplan book. The ETS book is ok, but when I bought that book I was expecting a little more - I didn't know that a lot of the stuff in the ETS book and on its included CD is actually available for free on the ETS website.

I managed to boost my quantitative score from 149 to 157 and my verbal score from 157 to 161 in three weeks using this book, so overall I was very happy with it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a good book, 21 April 2014

Only problem is that the product on Amazon says it comes with a CD. I did not get the CD :/...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and great help, 20 Jan 2014
Helpful book and would recommend to use it to improve generally vocabulary and math skills. Big and very valuable book for little money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great study tool, 13 Sep 2014
Great study tool, particularly the online assessments. After studying with this book, I scored in the 80th percentile, and got into an MBA program. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Entirely, 21 July 2014