5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 18 Sep 2011
E. L. Joseph (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Awakening: Number 1 in series (Dark Dynasties) (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. The set up felt more original to me than many books like this (I haven't read a book that seemed overly similar in concept anyway). The background to the book is the existence of different dynasties of vampires which all have unique origins and abilities. Some are considered high bloods and these lord over the low bloods and make their lives rather difficult. Such low bloods include the Cait Sith (vampires which can turn into large cats). The story followed Tynan MacGillivray, a Cait Sith seeking out a Seer who will be able to save the dynasty he serves. He is to find her and deliver her to his queen but gets way more than he bargained for when he meets Lily Quinn. The Seer in question is what she considers to be a slightly odd lecturer with some family issues. Though after meeting Ty it is clear that she is actually something much more unique leading to assassins and other dynasties getting involved in what may turn out to be the start of a war.

This book drew me in immediately. The only other book I have read by this author was rather slow moving whilst still being enjoyable and I expected that style again but I was pleasantly surprised. This book was very fast paced and full of action. I loved the plot; it is the best I've read in ages. There is a mystery element of who is trying to destroy the Ptolemy but i didn't spend much time trying to figure that out and was just wrapped in the story for once.

The characters were very likable; Lily was a pretty good female lead in my opinion, just the right mix of toughness and vulnerability. Tynan was the troubled bad boy you just had to love while simultaneously wanted to shake some sense into. The surrounding characters were also very good and hopefully they appear in future books. I thought that Vlad was pretty awesome among others.

I highly recommend this book. A fast paced and satisfying read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 18 Sep 2012
I absolutely loved this book! it's a brilliant combination of forbidden love and duty. The way castle is able to describe the characters in their looks, their feeling and what they do is so detailed, it's literally like a movie reel going through my head when I read it, I could see everything that was happening.
Would definitely recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars brings all the thrills & something new to the genre !, 4 Nov 2013
Ok so first of all i should point out im reviewing this book for my girlfriend, I brought it for her because she loves the whole paranormal romance/ dark fantasy genre. She's read a lot of the big pr authors and when I came across this book on amazon, looking for possible christmas prezzies for her I thought I might have found a hidden gem in Kendra Leigh Castle. I was right. I ended up giving her the book few weeks ago when she was looking for something new to read and she loved it. It's got all the romantic, sexy stuff as well as great characters and lots of action. My girlfriend says its deeper than the average paranormal romance to. So ive ended up buying more of Kendra's books for her for Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Awakening, 14 Sep 2013
I found this a really good vimpire book if you like this kind of read you will enjoy this book

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 26 Jun 2013
Fantastic read have read the whole series now and really enjoyed them all. Will be looking forward to reading more if this authors work

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Awakening Dark Dynasties Book 1, 12 July 2012
This is a very good read it has thrills, romance and blood and gore and of course beautiful vampiers can't wait for the next book in the series to arrive

Dark Awakening: Number 1 in series (Dark Dynasties)
Dark Awakening: Number 1 in series (Dark Dynasties) by Kendra Leigh Castle (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Sep 2011)
7.99