Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 February 2015
This is a delightful story with very real characters who react to events with all the doubts and changes of mind that actual people have, rather than simply behaving in a storybook fashion to further the plot. The heroes are not particularly heroic, which makes them all the more endearing, and their eventual triumph over their problems is extremely satisfying. The 'villains' are also well-drawn and the reader forgives their errors. Cornwall figures as an extra and sometimes important personality in this well-written romance.
on 27 May 2013
My first Beecroft read, but probably not my last. I thought at first this was just a holiday romance. But as I read it I was impressed by the insights the author showed. At times I thought I was reading my own story, minus the Morgan and the Lady Jayne of course. I never got round to the former and the latter are teabags! But Alec chose to ride his wave and to trust to luck. Most of us don't chance it and miss both the heartbreaks and the fun along the way. A really good read which I recommend without hesitation.
on 22 March 2016