on 14 March 2013
...this book is too amazing that I have to repay it by giving it five stars! A great book packed with lots of useful information and techniques. Loving the DVD that comes with the printable forms for the patients too. A must-have in any CBT-practitioner's library!
on 14 July 2012
This manual is written in a very accessible style full of ideas and expert information. I thoroughly recommend this, long awaited 2nd edition.
on 11 June 2013
I'm currently doing my CBT diploma and have found this is a great book to have handy as it gives a good overall guide to assessment and treatment of various anxiety and depression disorders. Unfortunately it does not include any formulation models, however has some good handouts and I refer to it regularly.
on 24 February 2013
This book is fantastic and is worth every penny! As a fully qualified CBT therapist I use the book as a reference and it also allows the purchaser to photocopy forms from the book to use with clients which has been really helpful.
on 23 April 2012
Some of my colleagues recommended this book and so I purchased it as well. I had no idea just how helpful it is. It provides a wealth of suggestions and the pdfs of the worksheets are handy indeed. I recommend this to any CBT practitioner.
on 14 January 2013
This book is fantastic for any cognitive behaviour therapist. When all else fails I return to this book. There is always some nugget of usefulness in there.
on 3 November 2012
Great book. Extremely helpful for planning sessions!! Great handouts too. Would recommend for practitioners working with adults and to those new to cbt.
on 12 August 2012
I purchased this book for work but have gained so much information for myself too. Can highly recommend for counselling students and counsellors alike.
on 18 September 2015
Excellent format with good use of case studies and clear session-by-session agenda items to guide therapy. Highly recommended.
on 20 March 2016
You won't want to live without

Every trainee-- and qualified staff-- in my old department had this and "Do you happen to have Leahy with you?" was a common question