on 8 June 2012
Neat little gadget for someone new to knitting or crocheting. However, can't see the point if you already know how to knit and crochet. Doesn't save any time to normal crocheting and can be very fiddly against normal knitting techniques. Finished items look just the same as knitting. So what's new? If you are already experienced in knitting and crochet, don't waste your money.
on 19 January 2013
Either its me but i am struggling .Could do with more instructions . I appreciate they want to save paper but I think the right handed and left handed instructions should be separate as I seem to get confused at which picture I should be looking at.
on 15 May 2012
Quite interesting but instructions could be easier to follow. I'll persevere and hope to succeed as there are some lovely patterns available.
on 5 March 2013
I can both knit and crochet and have done for many years. Thought I would try the knook but will stick with my knitting and crochet. I found it fiddly and slow compared to knitting and crochet. However having said that it would probably be a very good start for someone who can perhaps crochet a little and not knit. And also for travelling as I'm sure airlines would allow this wooden stick on a plane!
on 16 April 2012
It's OK and does lookm likem knitting but is quite fiddly and the stitches easily come off the cord as well as the cord slipping out of the hole in the end of the hook. the crochet hooks are not like my usual ones and are difficult to use for crochet as the hook has an odd sharp angle. Not sure I'll use this set much but will use the technique in another way with my normal hooks.
on 22 September 2015
Tried this to learn something new and should have learnt Italian instead.
The set comes with 3 coloured lengths of material, these pieces are to be threaded in the little hole at the base of the Crochet hook. Would be easier to learn to fly jets that thread these through that hole.
Instructions useless, not clear and how this thread is supposed to go through the hole is beyond me, pilot training here I come
on 17 April 2012
I found this facinating,I can knit and crochet ,but this is a bit of a mix of the two.
it is an inexpensive book ,and well worth the purchase ,even if you would not wish to use it all the time ,it is a fun thing to learn and perhaps teach a young person
jane
on 2 November 2013
but.. the work always seems to look wibbly on the sides where you turn your work from, and the patterns will show up the obvious joint seems you are making, such as the blanket will fold along 3 lines when you use it. I crochet mostly but also knit and have now relegated this to being unraveled as it is time consuming, fiddly and does not keep tension very well.

got on with the hooks once the splinters were smoothened, and had no problem with the cords. worth a go for the funsies of it but as all the other reading materials and stuff are extra costly i have no plan to knook jumpers.
on 22 June 2015
A new concept of crocheting and knitting. Only negative comment the thread is too thick for the hole in the crochet hook and I've broken both of them,but sticky tape has come to the rescue and we are now knooking like a 'good 'en'.
on 11 March 2014
Knitting makes my arthritic thumb hurt. I did miss it though as crochet isn't as neat and even for some projects. This could well be the answer. AND there are left-handed instructions for me. I'm wondering if one can use ordinary knitting patterns when more confident with it. Has anyone tried?