Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 June 2011
Kathy Norris is one of the most innovative loom knitters around and her current book is a testament to this talented designer. Written for use with the plastic round and long looms, this is one of the best and most well organized loom knitting books for both the beginner and for those of us who want to learn new techniques and stitch patterns.

The first part of the book lays the ground work needed by offering several versions of basic hat designs. Next is an overview of general stitches and techniques required to make more advanced projects featured in the remainder of the book. The basic hat designs are the only easy skill level projects in the book and are included mainly as an instructional module for beginners. The other projects are high quality intermediate skill level designs that anyone would be proud to create or give as gifts.

The projects in this book include:
* Three hat patterns that focus on teaching the basics for beginners. These are the only easy skill level projects.
* A stunning sampler afghan that utilizes twelve different stitch pattern blocks with an attached I-cord edging that is loom knitted directly onto the afghan.
* Two hat and scarf sets; one in a corn-on-the-cob stitch pattern and another in a honeycomb stitch.
* A felted basket weave pattern tote.
* A versatile hooded sweater vest.
* A lovely lattice patterned throw pillow.
* Fingerless loves with individually knitted "half" fingers.
* A beautiful green hooded scarf called "Robin's hood" that incorporates cables along the edge.
* A striped garter stitch baby blanket worked in eight short row wedges.
* A ridged lace hat with a picot hem.
* A gorgeous lace wrap worked in a wavy lace pattern.
* A felted candy cane striped Christmas stocking.
* Finally, the most adorable panda hat that would delight any child.

If you are looking for a loom knitting book with projects that will take you to the next level, I highly recommend this book.
on 28 October 2011
I really like this book. The hat patterns are different from the usual e-wrap hat patterns and easy to understand. If you are not sure about a stitch you can go back to the illustration and it show you how to make the stitch. I will recommend this book
on 11 February 2013
Although some of the patterns in this book look difficult they are rated as easy or intermediate, which I hope is true!
I hope I will be able to get into this easily though I wont know until I get the round and straight looms to try it out - but I am feeling very enthusiastic.
on 9 September 2013
I chose this thinking it would be more detailed on the variety of patterns because if you have not loomed before you are stuck. If you have an idea of how to start off and just want tips then the book is for you.
on 16 February 2015
This was very well set out and I found patterns very easy to follow I have made some hats and blankets out of this book and I am very pleased with how they turned out. Great book with excellent selection of stitches and patterns loved it.
on 5 July 2015
I bought this "book" to add to my collection as a relatively new loom knitter. What a disappointment! It's no more than a booklet at best, not worth the money and the patterns are far too complicated.
on 1 March 2014
Book arrived yesterday and it is going back poste-haste.
To start with it is THIN, only 65 pages, smaller than most magazines.
Secondly, the very few patterns are dismal, mainly beanie hats; no socks, booties, baby hats.
And the book is American written for Lion Brand yarns. The patterns state 'medium weight' etc, but do not say if 'medium weight' is double knit or aran weight. I'm sure I could find out if I checked the 'net but cannot be bothered.
Also a few patterns are for bulky or chunky weight yarn, and I would have liked arran and double knit patterns to use up my stash.
There are some instructions for using looms, and the paper quality is good, but way overpriced for the content.
Overall very disappointing.
on 4 November 2015
A recent hand injury means I can't use regular knitting needles at present but can use a circular loom. I have never tried knitting with one before and this book is a great starting guide. It is clearly laid out with photos to support the instructions. There are projects to complete to put the instructions into practice as well. The only down side is that a few pages are quite crowded with information so I found it a bit difficult to follow initially. I would recommend this as a great starting book for using knitting looms.
on 3 January 2014
well laid out and a very good introduction to a form of working with wool that is not too well known
on 4 November 2015
This was delivered promptly but to my surprise when I started looking through it I discovered that the pages were mixed up in the wrong order! I have taken the book apart and adjusted the pages so no harm done but thought I would report it. Maybe this was not the only one to be to be topsy-turvy.