Top positive review
48 people found this helpful
Excellent loom knitting book
on 28 June 2011
Kathy Norris is one of the most innovative loom knitters around and her current book is a testament to this talented designer. Written for use with the plastic round and long looms, this is one of the best and most well organized loom knitting books for both the beginner and for those of us who want to learn new techniques and stitch patterns.
The first part of the book lays the ground work needed by offering several versions of basic hat designs. Next is an overview of general stitches and techniques required to make more advanced projects featured in the remainder of the book. The basic hat designs are the only easy skill level projects in the book and are included mainly as an instructional module for beginners. The other projects are high quality intermediate skill level designs that anyone would be proud to create or give as gifts.
The projects in this book include:
* Three hat patterns that focus on teaching the basics for beginners. These are the only easy skill level projects.
* A stunning sampler afghan that utilizes twelve different stitch pattern blocks with an attached I-cord edging that is loom knitted directly onto the afghan.
* Two hat and scarf sets; one in a corn-on-the-cob stitch pattern and another in a honeycomb stitch.
* A felted basket weave pattern tote.
* A versatile hooded sweater vest.
* A lovely lattice patterned throw pillow.
* Fingerless loves with individually knitted "half" fingers.
* A beautiful green hooded scarf called "Robin's hood" that incorporates cables along the edge.
* A striped garter stitch baby blanket worked in eight short row wedges.
* A ridged lace hat with a picot hem.
* A gorgeous lace wrap worked in a wavy lace pattern.
* A felted candy cane striped Christmas stocking.
* Finally, the most adorable panda hat that would delight any child.
If you are looking for a loom knitting book with projects that will take you to the next level, I highly recommend this book.