Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 July 2013
Absolutely superb book. As a journeyman photographer of some five years I had never found a good book on product photography until I found Lighting for Product Photography. The book is clearly structured, starting with simple setups, showing you how to light and shoot these, progressing to more complicated arrangements. The writing is lucid, engaging and direct. The examples really make the book work. All the examples come with annotated photographs and diagrams, which explain clearly and simply how a particular shot is achieved. A good hearted enthusiastic book that is very competitively priced.

I have had this book for a month and it has become an invaluable reference. I now intend to buy Allison Earnest's book on Portrait Photography.
on 22 July 2013
I am an amateur photographer and I do some work for my ex. boss on a part time basis and needed to know how to light certain products - for website and catalogue. Trawled the net, found this book and it was just what I needed. Clear concise and informative without too much jargon and 'tech speak'.
on 5 February 2016
Well I was hoping for help with my speedlite setup, for product photography. I didn't see anything pre-purchase to suggest small flash wasn't covered. Until page 38 - 'I have chosen to concentrate on studio lighting throughout ... though in some cases you may be able to utilise several hot-shoe flashes ... to photograph single non-complicated still-life product shots'.
The author has inexplicably chosen not to help those of us who arent investing in bulky studio gear, and has chosen not to explore how to use these - even if it's the difficult option.
I'm feeling ripped off here. Back to YouTube then.
on 10 March 2014
Interesting and helpful, but you can find better books on the subject. I was not able to find anything on photographing white objects on white background for example, it covers only few kinds of shots, not what I needed
on 3 January 2014
Arrived well packed and on time. Book contains some useful info and creative ideas. Expensive but good content not readily available elsewhere.
on 11 November 2013
This book goes into great depth of lighting various objects, each with a short chapter devoted to each item and with diagrams of how each set was arranged. It opened my mind to just how complex lighting static objects can be and how this differs from portraiture lighting. One or two irritating niggles: the author gives camera settings for every photograph, which are totally irrelevant - the book is about lighting not camera exposure settings. Also, the author uses the term "degrees Kelvin" which is incorrect; it is simply "Kelvin", no "degrees".
on 14 August 2015
A great addition to my library.
on 4 December 2014