Format: Hardcover|Change

on 7 November 2012
Although Michael Jackson is one of my favourite topics, I rarely buy books written about him as they hardly ever contain anything new to me (and often contain questionable information and pure speculation). However, I bought "The King of Style" and I am so so happy that I did. It is absolutely gorgeous and a MUST for any MJ fan or costume/fashion enthusiast. It is lovely to browse through the book and see all the familiar pieces, beautifully photographed. It also didn't hurt that I enjoy sewing/garment construction and the information in the book is fascinating to me from that perspective, as well. However, what makes the book truly special are the anecdotes of how the author and MJ came up with the ideas and designs. They warm the hearts of the fans who still feel his passing very sorely indeed.
on 12 November 2012
I'm stunned by this book, it's a fascinating journey into the genius of these three men that worked so closely together for all those years. If I wasn't a fan I'd still love the book, you don't need to be a fan to enjoy this one.

I've bought a lot of Michael Jackson books over the years, but this one is right up there in the top five imho, I felt close to Michael reading it but not in an intrusive way, I felt like I was along for the trip not just watching the trip happen.

It's written so well in amazing detail, and the photographs of Michael's clothes are breathtaking, you can see the exquisite detail of the stitching and decoration. Oh to have those skills!

The stories about Michael's little foibles made me giggle, he was a demanding little toad but wow he got the best from his friends because of his drive and determination that they, as well as he, were perfectionists.

It's clear to see that these guys respected and loved each other dearly, I'm so glad I got this book, if you haven't yet and you have the cash - get it - you won't regret it.

The little note to the fans at the end of the acknowledgments section made me sob like a baby, it's beautiful - thank you Michael Bush, so hard for you to lose your partner as well as Michael too it must have been hard to write the book at all at times.

Now I'm gonna read it again.
on 9 November 2012
This really is a stunning piece of memorabilia for any Michael Jackson fan. Of the many books published since his tragic death, mostly junk, this is the one to buy. This book is a true and real story behind the most iconic wardrobe in history. This book has been carefully and beautifully put together by the two individuals who helped create, stitch and cut these amazing garments. For 15 quid this is daylight robbery for such a treasure, it's worth so much more!
on 24 November 2012
The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson
An excellent book written by the man who brought Michaels ideas of style, fashion and originality to life. Wonderful insight into the tricks used by MLB and MJJ to make the stage come to life with the colours, materials and life of the clothes. An interesting history of the truly ground-breaking techniques used on tour and in public to make the clothes maketh the man.
Some truly heart-warming insights into the way MJ shared his ideas - making everything a challenge with a win- win at the end of the game... ANd a bonus of the history and updates or changes to costume throughout MJs career - Billie Jean jacket / Thriller jacket! Also an insight into where some of these probably priceless artifacts are now.
A MUST for anyone with interest in MJ, Design, Fashion, Music and generally beautiful clothes!
on 6 November 2012
'The King of Style' provides an in depth insight into the costumes of Michael Jackson's career. The astounding fashions are presented thoughtfully, with amusing anecdotes concerning the late performer. Detailed descriptions of the ingenious construction are also explained well. Perfect for any fan and suited to those who have a particular interest in fashion.
on 29 November 2012
I did'nt know what to expect from this book but am so glad I decided to take a chance and buy it. This book is a breath of freshair after reading other books about Michael. These 2 men dressed him for 25yrs and knew him well. It made me smile and also made me cry at the end. I loved reading about Michael as these 2 men knew him. If you want to read about the true side of knowing MJ then I highly recommend this book.
on 16 November 2012
I was overwhelmed when i received this book ! It surpassed my expectations by far ! Cover ,pictures and paper are of highest quality . Not for a shelf ,i would say it is a coffee-table book. Michael Bush did a fantastic job,not only when he worked for MJ , but also to show the world this artwork of clothing . We know that many fashion designer, especially today are influenced by MJ`s style .
I think this book will make everybody happy who is interested in fashion ,and,or Michael Jackson
on 9 November 2012
From cover to cover this book delivers to both fans, designers and people who want a nice book for their collection. It has some wonderful pictures both of Michael and his clothes. The clothes we all saw him in everytime he was performing or just been out somewhere. We all wanted an MJ jacket and this is probably the closest we will get to that. Treasure and enjoy!
on 2 December 2012
I loved this book and have bought several copies, for presents for family. What Michael Lee Bush has done here, is chronicled the brilliance of Michael Jackson's legacy. This book , should go into libraries, colleges and school- it beautifully chronicles the impact of Michael Jackson in popular culture. Well done!
on 14 November 2012
I've been waiting ages for this book to be released as I just knew it was going to be a good one:-). It is full of tons of pictures of MJ's stunning jackets, outfits which everyone will remember seeing him in. Michael Bush is the guy that dressed Michael Jackson and he shares some great strories of MJ in this book, it also shows how much input MJ liked to have in his outfits and the idea's that he came up with.
It shows all the outfits that we all remember such as The History gold outfit, the dangerous suit, 1993 Grammy awards jacket and many more, it also describes what work went into each outfit and how long they took to reach the final garment.
Whether your fan or not you will enjoy this book, just looking through pages and pages of stunning outfits of MJ's was AMAZING. Towards the end of the book it also shows some of the gorgeous outfits that were being prepared for what would have been Michael's This is it tour. The book is alot bigger than i expected to.
Thankyou Mr Bush you have done MJ proud. Definitely one of my favourite MJ books.