5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for endurance athletes
I am a long distance runner. I bought the paperback version about 3 years ago and it has helped me manage most of own muscular-skeletal issues whereas previously I would pay to visit a specialist. Easy to understand and essential for athletes. Very happy to see a kindle version is now available
Published 9 months ago by Marty

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother if you have the earlier editions
This is 99% the same content as the previous two editions. There is nothing new or more informative here.
Published 3 months ago by Professional

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for endurance athletes, 14 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Trigger Point Work by Clair Davies, 27 April 2014
This is the best book for Trigger Point work!!! I have Hyper-mobility Syndrome, which basically is Myofascial Pain Syndrome, all my muscles ache/pain when I exercise, or not. This book has helped relieve the pain of tight knots in my muscles by showing me where they are - I do not have to go to a Physiotherapist any more!! Just put a Tennis Ball on the trigger point and the pain will cease! You HAVE to try it. It will hurt when you press on a Trigger Point, but at least you then know you have the right spot!! Just keep the tennis ball there until the pain subsides. Keep at it!! I had Trigger Points ALL over my body, but now I'm in control, and I know how to get rid of the pain - thanks to THIS book!!! Highly recommend this book. Jennie Crowley

5.0 out of 5 stars Teach yourself a brilliant book, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief (New Harbinger Self Help Workbk) (Paperback)
I chose this book because the sports therapist I went to used it and recommended it to me to help me self massage, which is essential if you wanted to stay pain free.
I explains techniques in depth with easy to follow exercises and is a must for anybody with problem trigger points, I have suffered for 20 years and been to different consultants who always said my problem was different things which could mean surgery, but after reading this book and seeing a sports therapist I have got my pain under control and almost gone, a perfect buy for sufferers of sports injuries.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must reference book for anyone who is active, in pain or both!!!, 15 Aug 2014
Has allowed me to sort my Achilles out and has become part of my marathon schedule to warm up and cool down my calves. Also sorted out a sharp pain my son had in his left thigh when playing football for the last two years. Clear, easy to follow and comprehensive and will be very useful for the future. Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book is Amazing, 25 May 2014
D. Murphy - See all my reviews
My partner and I use the advice given in this book all the time. For relief of acute and chronic pain it hits the spot like nothing else I've come across. It is based on the idea of referred pain: that because a particular part aches, it doesn't mean that's where the problem lies. Often it is the body reacting to a different problem, overcompensating, or via a kind of chain reaction. It works. It is the work of a real genius, one who is prepared to go against conventional wisdom and find solutions to problems in a new, unique way. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wealth of information, 13 April 2014
This is an excellant book in helping to treat yourself for muscular pains. It is clearly set out and full of diagrams to help work out where the problematic triggers points are. It will be in use for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 April 2014
Highly recommended to me by fellow Massage Therapist colleagues who are familiar with the Travell textbooks, and this workbook is an excellent shorter but comprehensive introduction to trigger point therapy.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 27 Mar 2014
Has helped make sense of my pain and manage it. Very happy with results and wish this knowledge was more available within the helping professions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight to the point, 17 Mar 2014
Detailed descriptions and images of trigger points / referred pain sites and easy to follow instructions for various methods of applying pressure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, 2 Mar 2014
Exactly what I required. Very informative.

Took longer than I expected to arrive, unfortunately I wanted to take it away on holiday with me to read, but it was waiting when I returned so am catching up now, and am very pleased. Would recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›