5.0 out of 5 stars Splitting
Published 11 months ago by D. J. Wilden

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't help with the British court system.
Probably very useful if I was American. Some interesting ideas and coping mechanisms though, I just wish I had realized before I bought this that it's really for a USA audience.
Published 10 months ago by Beth m

5.0 out of 5 stars Splitting, 12 Dec 2013
D. J. Wilden "denise7248" (Maidenhead, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Splitting: Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder (Paperback)
I bought this book to be prepared for whatever my ex husband had to throw at me, he is a narcissistic sociopath, I didn't get the full blown narcissistic rage but I was better prepared for the "dirty tricks" he was likely to use. As any narcissist or anyone else with a personality disorder of narcissism, borderline personality disorder, sociopath and other traits, this book is invaluable to help you know what you are dealing with, to be able to mentally protect yourself against ANY of the tactics they are likely to use against you. As they regard leaving as an act of betrayal, then you will be viewed as the enemy and that means any and all means at their disposal can and will be used against you. I bought several books while going through the divorce process, which took 2 years and we were still sharing a house together, I wouldn't recommend that but it can be done, I needed every piece of information I could get my hands on, Splitting has been well read, passages underlined, comments in the margins, little post it notes in the tops of pages. Even now we are parted completely, I still read now and again to reinforce to myself why I had to get out, just in case I might forget. If you are in an abusive relationship and it will be abusive if you are living with someone who has a personality disorder then you need to gather as much information as possible firstly to protect yourself and secondly to get ammunition for yourself as they will not go quietly and will do their level best to grind you down till you give up. This book was invaluable to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book for someone going through a divorce, 23 Aug 2013
Bought for my sister who is going through a divorce with someone who has a personality disorder. This book has really helped her.

5.0 out of 5 stars first book i have read with insider tips, 25 Aug 2011
written by a man with first hand knowledge of what works and what doesnt work when you are dealing with a BPD person in court. its full of case studies and it has been a good read,many good tips .

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd read this 35 years ago, 29 Mar 2014
Extraordinary descriptions of what I have been living with since marrying and then divorcing a narcissistic personality disordered person. Makes me feel less freakish/helpless. Recommended by psychologist

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't help with the British court system., 30 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Aug 2014
Not quite what I was looking but the information was of interest.Have retained it for reference.