5.0 out of 5 stars clutter busting with TLC

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I did not find it helpful
Published 10 months ago by maria

5.0 out of 5 stars clutter busting with TLC, 9 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Clutter Busting Your Life: Clearing Physical and Emotional Clutter to Reconnect with Yourself and Others (Paperback)
This book is very special; not your average clutter clearing tome. Brooks Palmer writes clearly and simply, but that is not to say his writing is simplistic. Behind his elegantly delivered advice there stands a very wise, kind and loving soul - one who can help you access those tender places inside yourself, such that you can begin to let go of stuff that is holding you back. That 'stuff' might be possessions, thoughts, habits or people but all are dealt with in a kind way and without pressure. Brooks' acceptance and non-judgmental and lightly humorous approach helps you relax, allowing you to melt those tense and fraught places. I can't recommend this book highly enough and I felt that it was good that I had read his first Clutter Busting book beforehand as this one leads on really well from it. I started Clutter Busting immediately, whereas other books left me feeling overwhelmed because they often focussed on the need to do the whole house/life. I'm really on a roll now and everything I look at, I remember Brooks' words. He also has various video clips available, which I recommend, and his blog is excellent. His partner is the scientist (and, I believe, coach) Julia Mossbridge, who has written a book called Unfolding: Discover, Master and Share Your Soul's Work. I have yet to read that so am unable to comment yet.

Perhaps Brooks could go on to Clutter Busting politics :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting continuation from previous book, 21 July 2013
When I first got this I wasn't sure whether I would like it as I thought it would be a repeat of Brooks Palmer's first book but I'm happy to say it wasn't. Certainly there are plenty of clutter clearing stories but Brooks goes behind the clutter as it were to the things fuelling it, like the person who held on to a table they really hated but felt that they couldn't get rid of because they got it from their mother, despite the fact that they didn't like the mother either! Definite proof that one could have a really clean and tidy home but still feel stuck because one's head is full of unresolved arguments. I read both books but I think this could be read either as a continuation to the original Clutter Busting book or on its own.

5.0 out of 5 stars the one that finally tipped me in to doing something, 29 Dec. 2013
I have read a few books similar to this and have thought they were good. this is the one that actually got me doing stuff whilst reading the book. am now downsizing to a smaller house to live a simpler life! Long way to go, but it makes sense, there is no preaching, just encourages you to re-evaluate your stuff and time spent sorting/cleaning it all then dragging it with you when you move. I love this book, giving it a couple of weeks and going to re-read - am doing it my way, but like the philosophy behind this.

5.0 out of 5 stars clutter free, 18 July 2013
great book a must have if you want to be cutter free , haven't looked back since buying this book

would recommend to a friend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 14 Aug. 2014