5.0 out of 5 stars very good book.
Published on 5 Feb 2012 by enanitogrunyon

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, but so far hasn't helped
I've given this a 3 star rating because I found the book itself very interesting and helpful and I learnt quite a lot about tennis elbow, however, I'm into the 6th week now of the 8 week programme and unfortunately, so far, I haven't found any sign of improvement. Maybe after 8 weeks it will miraculously heal itself but I'm not holding my breath. I've had tennis elbow...
Published on 11 May 2012 by E. Kirby

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book., 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow (Paperback)
I purchased this book as a present for my father who suffered from tennis elbow for the last few years. He has visited many specialists and others not so specialized. This book sheds light over many misconceptions regarding this subject.The explanations are very precise, and corrected some mistakes on the exercises prescribed by some of the specialists, who were not very good at explaining how to perform them. I would recommend this book to anyone suffering from tennis elbow, since it gives a very good insight, and a basis with which to contrast the therapies suggested by doctors, if not try to improve the condition on your own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it promises!, 11 Aug 2012
This review is from: Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow (Paperback)
I'm a regular gym user and in my late 30's. Started suffering from tennis elbow in ,my right and then left arm. Tried everything from acupuncture and resting but no help. I was desperate as my gym routine of using weights was scaled back drastically.

Bought this book along with some arm straps to relieve the pressure and pain. The book is easy to understand and made clear the reasons why tennis elbow occurs. It's NOT from inflammation as is commonly thought, but from over use of the muscle area that is painful.

I followed the exercises as suggested and within three months I was free from pain and my elbows are now stronger. I cannot recommend this book enough to anyone who suffers from tennis elbow and is desperate for answers on what to do.

No surgery or injections are needed. Just follow the plan - it works. Simple.

Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the best book on tennis elbow - causes and treatment, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow (Paperback)
Easily the best book out there on the causes of tennis elbow and best ways of treating it and the exercises that you should be doing to strength the tendon/arm and prevent recurrance.

The only reason I can think of why this book isn't more well known is that the cover looks a bit amateurish. However, don't let that fool you - the context is absolutely first rate and brings together everything you need to know about treating tennis elbow - from clinical studies to diagrams of the tendons, to exercises etc.

10/10 quality book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat, 23 Feb 2012
G. Parry (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow (Paperback)
I bought this book and followed the advice for around 3 months as I'd been suffering with pain caused by tennis elbow for a while and it wasn't getting any better.

The exercises and advice are spot on. Following the exercise regime and using the brace made a massive difference - I now have no pain at all and I only wear the brace when I'm actually playing tennis now as it's improved so much.

I know a lot of people who suffered for a long time with tennis elbow and numerous visits to the doctor, injections etc made no difference.

If you have tried the GP route with no results give this book a try - it worked extremely well for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 14 April 2013
Mrs. J. Proctor (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow (Paperback)
I thought this was expensive when it arrived. It's a slim book, and half of the pages there are are simply for you to keep a record of the exercises you've done.

The book had three recommendations - and it was made clear that each of them had about a 50/50 chance of working (and cited the relevant research). The elbow strap didn't work for me, but the rest and exercise programme made a noticeable difference.

The book cost me half of what a visit to the physiotherapist would have done, and I got better advice from it than I did from three visits to the physio, so comparing £20 that worked against £120 that didn't, the book comes out as excellent value for money in spite of the low page count.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth the money., 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow (Paperback)
Bought this based on the reviews. It does exactly what it says. Its good to read the background input first to get an understanding of what is going on with your elbow. His advice and exercises worked for me and you can't put a price on that!

4.0 out of 5 stars A straightforward explanation, 21 April 2013
Mr. Charles P. McDowall (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow (Paperback)
This book gives an easy to follow guide.

Remember not everyone is the same, so it will be ideal for some people but a disappointment for others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but overpriced, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow (Paperback)
This booked really helped me get over my bad elbow. However, most of the book is dedicated to background info on how an elbow works, muscles etc .The actual exercises and things that help you get over tennis elbow can be summarised in about 4 pages. It essentially comes down to wearing an elbow support and doing some simple stretches and resistance weight exercises on your wrist

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorted my elbow, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow (Paperback)
Buy this book and cure your own tennis elbow (or in my case guitarist elbow.) I can now play for over an hour and getting daily better still.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile reading for suffers of this horrible condition, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow (Paperback)
I started suffering from tennis elbow a few months ago, and the pain has really got me down. I always thought that this condition was one suffered by athletes, and couldn't understand how or why it had happened to me. I searched online, and downloaded a few, inexpensive Kindle books. Many gave a good overview of the condition, but none of them gave me a cure.

I decided that it was probably worth paying a little bit more, so I ordered this book. I've been really pleased with the detailed explanation the book provides about the condition, and also glad to see that there is a specific exercise plan included. It's early days, but I feel that things are improving, and I definitely feel far more informed about this horrible complaint.

Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow
Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow by Jim Johnson (Paperback - 11 Feb 2010)