Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn More Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 5 December 2005
This book is invaluable - I am a staff nurse at a Walk in Centre, and have found that using this book has shortened and improved my examination skills, and the recording of the examination - it was recommended by the A/E nurse consultant on our recent Minor Injuries course, and has lived up to it's reputation
on 28 December 2007
This little book was recommended for the Nurse Practitioner degree course I did and proved it's worth a hundred times over. It is probably the most thumbed book I own and is very easy to find information in it.
on 22 October 2011
One of the most precious things in medical practice is time. When it comes to phys exploration, a doctor needs to behave with accuracy and as fast as possible. I've see a lot of similar books but the majority of them ended up being extremely boring and counter-productive at the time of exploring and questioning. With this book I was able to compile everything to conceive a complete MH and the system/possible findings approach is priceless. In my opinion, it is essential for those who are now meddling in the clinical area, in the ward interviewing patients and learning how to write a good and complete MH.
I know it was of very use to me. Thanks to it I have a whole perspective of the patient and get to adapt it to the ward/urgency/consult (I guess that's how it is said) very easily.
5 out of 5, unquestionably.
on 30 October 2009
I work as an Emergency Nurse Practitioner and am doing a course for minor illness management.

This handy book is ideal for quick reference at work when required and for use when studying. I would recommend it for students of nursing or medicine, or as a reference for more experienced practitioners.

The book is good to use as sole reference. It has useful tips for examining different areas of body, eg eyes, and pertinent case studies.

I would highly recommend this work.
on 15 July 2013
It's an ok guide. Pocket sized which is handy but to be honest I tend to use my other books or references for answers. It's a good little snapshot of things but others are more detailed and a better reference guide.
on 19 October 2013
Like the title says this book is intended as a reference tool. However, I was able to happily read it cover to cover, and to me that is the sign of a well written book. It is a must for any junior medical staff (I have also seen registrars carrying round their faithful battered copies) and eve for nurses and nurse practitioners who want to be able to go that bit further with their practice. As with all textbooks see if you can borrow a copy to see if it works for you before dishing out for your own.
on 20 November 2010
I work as a nurse practitioner in a minor illness / minor injury unit. I have found this pocket guide to be an excellent resource. It is easy to use and packed with useful information. I would highly recommend it.
on 1 April 2016
Brilliant book for new nurse practitioner learning to examine patients.. We have the full version where I work but it's nice to have the pocket book in my bag all the time. Arrived in time. In great condition.brand new
on 5 May 2012
This pocket sized book is an excellent resource for anyone who is studying clinical examination and assessment or whose job involves these skills. I am a nurse practitioner and both myself and my colleagues use this resource on a daily basis. I would highly recommend this book to those studying or working in the medical profession. Definitely one of my best text book purchases. I would highly recommend.
on 16 November 2011
Really good illustrations and easy to understand... i brought this book along with the oxford phsyical assessment and diagnosis book and have found all three invaluable when undertaking physical assessment.