5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!
This book is invaluable - I am a staff nurse at a Walk in Centre, and have found that using this book has shortened and improved my examination skills, and the recording of the examination - it was recommended by the A/E nurse consultant on our recent Minor Injuries course, and has lived up to it's reputation
Published on 5 Dec 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Required text for a course I did
Handy reference, great for health care professionals and odd folk that like to masquerade as health professionls. Don't try it at home.
Published 10 months ago by MissAmanda

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!, 5 Dec 2005
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Nurse Practitioner, 28 Dec 2007
R. E. Thomas "Ruth" (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
This little book was recommended for the Nurse Practitioner degree course I did and proved it's worth a hundred times over. It is probably the most thumbed book I own and is very easy to find information in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 20 Nov 2010
This review is from: Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, International Edition (Paperback)
I work as a nurse practitioner in a minor illness / minor injury unit. I have found this pocket guide to be an excellent resource. It is easy to use and packed with useful information. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe one of the best pocket books in Medical Practice., 22 Oct 2011
One of the most precious things in medical practice is time. When it comes to phys exploration, a doctor needs to behave with accuracy and as fast as possible. I've see a lot of similar books but the majority of them ended up being extremely boring and counter-productive at the time of exploring and questioning. With this book I was able to compile everything to conceive a complete MH and the system/possible findings approach is priceless. In my opinion, it is essential for those who are now meddling in the clinical area, in the ward interviewing patients and learning how to write a good and complete MH.
I know it was of very use to me. Thanks to it I have a whole perspective of the patient and get to adapt it to the ward/urgency/consult (I guess that's how it is said) very easily.
5 out of 5, unquestionably.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bate's Pocket Guide to Physical Examination, 30 Oct 2009
I work as an Emergency Nurse Practitioner and am doing a course for minor illness management.

This handy book is ideal for quick reference at work when required and for use when studying. I would recommend it for students of nursing or medicine, or as a reference for more experienced practitioners.

The book is good to use as sole reference. It has useful tips for examining different areas of body, eg eyes, and pertinent case studies.

I would highly recommend this work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon purchase, 5 May 2012
This pocket sized book is an excellent resource for anyone who is studying clinical examination and assessment or whose job involves these skills. I am a nurse practitioner and both myself and my colleagues use this resource on a daily basis. I would highly recommend this book to those studying or working in the medical profession. Definitely one of my best text book purchases. I would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars bates' physical exam pocket guide, 16 Nov 2011
Really good illustrations and easy to understand... i brought this book along with the oxford phsyical assessment and diagnosis book and have found all three invaluable when undertaking physical assessment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Student paramedic, 7 May 2011
As a student paramedic, this book is invaluable for essays and more importantly clinical practice. I own both this book and the larger desk top version as do many of my fellow students and qualifieds. The book is very well written with clear pictures adding to the efficacy of this title. It is at a great level which promotes clinical acumen and development. I thoroughly recommend these books.

4.0 out of 5 stars just bates!!!, 6 Feb 2011
it is a common knowledge that Bates Examination is the best available guide to physical examination worldwide.So the pocket version is the essence of a wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Jan 2011
Excellent book, perfect to carry in your pocket at all times. Very good tool in order to learn about patient assessment and history taking.

Used & New from: 4.84