Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 February 2009
I am able to understand what I've read and can put it into practice, found it to help me understand why I get the reactions from others and how to workout what to do next.
on 6 January 2013
If you're a TA student you've probably been referred to this seminal text by Eric Berne on your reading list. If like me you've an all round interest in analytical psychology you'll be keen to explore how TA fits into the continuum of psychotherapeutic theory. This book does that. Berne recounts his Freudian roots and his own mentors before explaining his own development of the ego state model. His case history illustrations are short and humorous unlike many other writers. It's an easy read if your familiar with the TA principles but not suitable for those wishing for a self help or introductory text. If you're a student of TA you'll be glad you've read it and be reassured that TA follows a tradition of proper psychoanalytic theory and not a pop psych', 'reach for the sky', Californi-fad.
on 14 February 2010
I am shamed to admit that my knowledge and understanding of this incredible man is patchy and incomplete, I know somebody who is currently training in this expansive field and have learned a little about Eric Berne and TA from them.

As far as I can understand Transactional Analysis is a growing field in Psychotherapy, it deals with social relationships and interactions by helping clients to understand themselves and the world around them, this seems to me to combine client centred therapies with other mainstream elements of psychotherapy. I am not qualified to say for certain, and have only the conjectures of ignorance to offer.

I will therefore content myself to say that I am incredibly pleased with the service received, this item arrived in record time and in wonderful condition, your service was exceptional in every way and I thank you very much.
on 15 July 2012
It is the original classic and definitive Transactional Analysis sourcebook. Not an easy-to-read guide, more a technical handbook/casebook focused only on the transactional model and which does not acknowledge scope to integrate with other therapeutic treatments, but then that's not its function.
on 27 August 2013
Thanks very much. Enjoyed the book very much. Easy read, which is what I need. One again thank you. Regards
on 3 June 2013
thanks a lot. send books always so easily. books are very important. i like to read very much. thanks again
on 8 August 2015
Not the copy shown but 1993 edition received is adequate. Received this yesterday 7th August. Thank you.
on 1 November 2015
required for work, but would recommend this service to family and friends for other items
on 14 March 2015
Found this book to be heavy going and rather ordinary.
on 30 January 2015
Great book on T.A. Recommended.