Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 July 2014
It's almost painful how great Saga is, but how slowly (but surely) it builds up into an essential comic collection over time. That's really the only drawback with this fantastic series. Saga Volume 3 builds on the previous story by introducing even more weird and whacky characters. In places it really reminds me of Lexx and other "out there" sci fi which is definitely no bad thing. Funny, sexy, menacing and just utterly brilliant. Becoming a Saga addict will drive you nuts though, it's just that long long wait till the next volume (roll on Volume 4!)
on 28 March 2014
‘Saga, Vol. 3’ written by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Fiona Staples is the third part of the excellent comic series that has for its theme the love of two soldiers from different sides of galactic war - a comic book that grabs attentions with its theme, but primarily with its somewhat old-school comic artwork with elements of futuristic world, both being the reasons why it won Hugo award for Best Graphic Story back in 2013.

For those series regulars it is important to say that the book with every release becomes better, which makes it a treat in the world of comics, where it certainly competes among the best titles currently on the market.

The last installment ended with decision of Prince Robot to wait for Marko, Alana and their child to come at the Oswart Heist's home on the planet Quietus, unfamiliar with the fact that they already for some time are hiding there. For that reason most part of this third installment is devoted to their journey to D. Oswart Heist's home, while author partially goes back in time to give reader more information about what happened. On the other hand we are able to learn what is happening on some other secret planet with Slave Girl, The Will, Lying Cat and Gwendolyn.

The author has made a good decision to go back a little with his story because in that way except giving better background, he also opened the possibility for a more detailed characterization of the main characters together with introducing some new, while in same time a description of the world in which the action takes place is becoming more and more detailed and appealing.

Vaughan with this extension continues the excellent comic book series which would be a shame to start reading from this installment, and even if you do not like the story by chance, you will definitely be delighted with Staples drawings that are of truly exceptional quality.

Therefore, all recommendations to this title and cannot wait to be continued.
on 18 April 2014
I picked up this series because Patrick Rothfuss wrote it a glowing review on goodreads and I grow bored waiting for the next Fables volume to be published.

Oh boy I was not disappointed! I devoured all three volumes in 2 days - given that I have a nine month old baby I consider this a very fast read. I was very involved with the plot and the drawing style is just beautiful. I love, love, love this series. Cannot wait for the next volume!

I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys a well thought out and developed plot in a fascinating world of conflict and beauty. Particularly if you enjoy being able to relate to all characters on all sides of said conflict. Absolutely stunning, yet another thing I owe to Mr. Rothfuss.
on 3 February 2016
Having just read Volume 2, it only seemed appropriate to start on the next one and this one does not disappoint.

Our “star-crossed” lovers and their baby daughter continue on their journey to find somewhere they can live out their lives without the threat of annihilation, accompanied by a variety of characters, many of which are original and fun (Slave Girl, Honest Cat, the Will etc..).

The story continues and it’s well worth reading but will make more sense if read after the first two volumes and not in totally the wrong order (as I have done)
on 4 November 2015
This is the best graphic novel series I've come across for some time. Got hooked on vol 1 and haven't looked back. Artwork clear, beautiful, storyline interesting and enigmatic. Adults only: despite being about a young family and the people they come across/influence, this is very much a story about war and how it impacts on people. The word 'graphic' applies. This episode contains a lighthouse, a cyclops, a ghost, fave character Lying Cat and a storyline about a hit man that reads like an early Star Trek episode. Enjoy.
on 29 April 2015
If you've read graphic novels before, read Saga. If you've never read a graphic novel, read Saga. Serioulsy such an amazing book, it's got tons of humour, brilliantly pulls at your heartstrings and even though it's filled with aliens, you can relate to a lot of the content. My girlfriend had never read comic books or a graphic novel before, so I gave her the first three books of Saga to read. Safe to say she is now hooked due to this book and every time I see her she asks if i've got any new ones to read!
on 13 December 2014
Originally bought from comixology, but want the physicals as well.
Amazing series, and one that you're either going to love or hate.
Saga is a no-holes barred Sci-fi fantasy space opera inspired by star-wars.
Everything about it feels really creative and fresh. If you're interested, the first comic of this volume (this volume being made of 6 individual comics) is free on comixology (at time of writing). So, go check that out, if you like it, buy them!
on 27 March 2015
Bought the first volume in the local comic store, read it, and felt hooked to it... I needed to read the rest inmediately, but I couldn't just spend that kind of money mid-month in one go.

So here I am, in Amazon, where books tend to be about half the price as outside in the real world...

Saga can't be praised enough, it even gets repetitive, so a just saying that I give it a 5/5 should be enough.
on 14 October 2014
Graphically and story wise this is one of the best graphic novels I have read. My partner just started reading them and she's completely hooked as well. It's a relief to have a story in a graphic novel that is narrated from a female perspective (and drawn from one).

As the universe grows, so does the immersion for the reader.
on 11 March 2016
As a relative newbie to graphic novels I have been introduced to this series and I am not disappointed! Excellent artwork and the narrative flows so well that the best way I can describe it is like you are watching it rather than reading it. My only issue is that I have to wait until July for Volume 6!