5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Zero Volume 1: An Emergency TP (Paperback)
This is an amazing spy story and I don't really want to say to much as it's going to be best read going in, with as little information as you can have. it starts in the future, 2038, with an old man sitting in a chair looking out at the ocean from the top of a cliff, sipping a beer. He speaks to someone and we see a kid behind him with a gun pointed at the man's head ready to kill him. The man says he won't stop him but he'd like to tell him a story first and so goes the book. Going to the past, bionic super soldiers, killings, killers for hire, spies, murder, death, etc. It is violent, has its moments of empathy, though it left me without any feelings of high hopes, yet I want to know what will come next. It's dark, oppressive and filled with that lonliness you get in a crowd and I'm super eager to read what happens next. A thrilling, captivating first volume!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Rollercoaster Ride, 26 Mar 2014
APR1 (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Fine series from Ales Kot, and we're only part way there yet.

A spy saga for the current century, other espionage and thriller series just fade in comparison. Tightly written and drawn by a fine rota of artists. If this is anything to go by, you should watch out for Kot's other work coming up elsewhere. I can see why Marvel have hired him for Secret Avengers on the back of this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, crypitc story. Can't wait for next volume., 17 Jun 2014
Mr. A. Hackett "Socialite" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zero Volume 1: An Emergency TP (Paperback)
I picked this up based on shop owners recommendation and I can see why. Multiple artists were used to depict different point in the characters life and they complemented the story. The story itself works through piecing together the characters life and leaving you more curious to unravel how he got to where he did. I really recommend it.

Zero Volume 1: An Emergency TP
Zero Volume 1: An Emergency TP by Ales Kot (Paperback - 4 Mar 2014)