Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 February 2014
I have recently started to make quilts and now I have mastered the basics I am searching for inspiration and developing my own style. I'm not hugely keen on the traditional styles and intricate piecing, finding myself far more interested in working with colour and simple bold designs and then free motion quilting the finished quilt top. To this end, this book is hugely inspirational and delights me with its large modern and geometric prints, striking palates and patterns. I like working with plain colours and have successfully completed a couple of the quilts in the book and they have been greatly admired. I would definitely recommend it. Well designed instructions, easy to adapt to the size you want and cleverly very little waste in the cutting out.
on 9 October 2013
I thought this book was a good source of ideas; seeing the one-block quilts in the book make it easy to understand how to substitute your own favorite block. There is a section on the how-to's of quilting which could be followed by beginners who have some idea of the basics of sewing, and who know how to use a sewing machine. The 22 quilts are varied, and each one comes with yardage requirements for more than one size of quilt, for example, baby, throw and coverlet sizes.There are also lots of tips throughout the book - such as instructions for a No Waste Half-Square Triangle. A good buy, and I liked it even more because I could have it on my Kindle.
on 25 February 2016
I like a lot of the designs but the kindle aspect is rubbish, I wish id returned and got a hard copy.
on 26 July 2015
Good book loads of ideas and clear images
on 17 June 2015