4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous projects, lovely fabrics of course!
Disappointed to find that it is American based as the title implies it is approved by Liberty. However the patterns look great and I have already ordered my first batch of fabrics to try my hand at one of the quilts. Hope that I can manage to complete it.
Published 16 months ago by N.

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't feel it
Published 14 months ago by recognisethepattern

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't feel it, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Liberty Love: 25 Projects to Quilt and Sew Featuring Liberty of London Fabrics (Paperback)
I don't feel the love for Liberty in this book. Not all Liberty prints are my cup of tea, but even with the birth of the more affordable Lifestyle range these fabrics still deserve proper showcasing. Apart from the Nine-Patch Revisited Baby Quilt and the Seashore Baby Quilt, I don't think any quilt project does a fantastic job of putting Liberty in the limelight; they seem a tad too scrappy in my opinion.

Speaking of quilts, I don't quite understand some of the technique choices. The Classic Thread Spool Quilts consist of spools and the ends of the spools are made of a rectangle as well as two half-square triangles, which results in a chopped-up print. Why not make triangle ends to the rectangle instead? The Goodnight Fairy Tale Quilt is built of blocks of circles in squares and each block consists of four smaller blocks (inset quarter circles). Why not make an inset or appliqué circle to keep both background square and circle intact? As the pattern is written now, the fabric patterns are cut in a way that looks far from good.

I don't sew garments and can therefore not comment on technique choices in those. The smaller projects are cute in a way, but since the blogosphere is full of similar tutorials for free, unfortunately I'm not wowed. I would like to give this book more stars, but since it's a library book, I'll return it and leave it at that.

Finally, considering its title, I'm surprised to learn Liberty hasn't commissioned this book, but it's written by someone with an appreciation for their fabrics; I feel it rides a bit on the reputation of the fabric manufacturer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cover is delightful, 8 Mar 2014
And the inside is really good too! But the range of Projects was a bit too basic and yet wide-spread, not specialist enough yet covered a broad range. Very attractive book for a gift for someone else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous projects, lovely fabrics of course!, 21 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book with nice ideas, 18 Aug 2014
I confess that I am a Liberty fabricaholic. I have acquired lots of pieces over the years; but I just cannot cut into it! This was where I expected the book to come in. This book is lovely-a book of ideas and background. I was pleased to see that there is more fabic that I can buy! There were some lovely ideas; but I think I'll use different printed fabric as it still couldn't make me use my Liberty! This would be a lovely book to buy for a sewing/quilting friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love indeed!, 14 April 2013
Unlike the previous reviewer, I think this is a beautiful book with a wide range of makes, for sewists of all abilities.
The use of Liberty prints can be supplemented or replaced entirely by other fabrics and still look gorgeous.
Alexia's instructions are clear and a pleasure to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little book, 1 Aug 2014
Good little book . plenty of good ideas. Good for browsing through when you are in the mood to make something easy.I liked it.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 14 Nov 2014
Elizabeth A. Ireland (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
No comment as it was a present for a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspires your imagination, 29 April 2013
I was really looking forward to getting my feet up with a cuppa and getting lost in Liberty Love. I wasn't disappointed - this is a great book , excellent photos and it totally inspired me to dust off my sewing machine get quilting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Liberty Love, 18 Mar 2013
I found the selection of projects rather limited and not making the best use of the many and various Liberty prints on offer.

Liberty Love: 25 Projects to Quilt and Sew Featuring Liberty of London Fabrics