4.0 out of 5 stars full of inspiration

Published 10 months ago by Nadine Saupe

4.0 out of 5 stars full of inspiration, 10 May 2013
Adele204 (lancashire, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modern Patchwork (Paperback)
if you are looking to put a new twist on traditional quilts this is a wonderful book. There are numerous projects to get your teeth into and some good techniques. I have several favourite projects including honey featured on the cover, fire drill,escape artist,and looptastic. I was very inspired by the ideas for finishing the reverse of the quilts, rather than just backing with a coordinating fabric the author has taken inspiration from the main design...something I have put into practice since.Each quilts techniques are covered in detail and alternative colour ways and layouts are touched on at the end of each chapter. If you are a traditionalist quilter you may not like the quilt designs but I am sure you will still be able to appreciate the designs and techniques. Very inspirational

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Modern Patchwork (Paperback)
Full of inspiration, as soon as I have finished the project I am working on I shall be starting on the first of quite a few of the quilts I will be making from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 31 July 2013
Mrs. L. C. T. (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modern Patchwork (Paperback)
I've been a patching and quilting now for many years - about 34 - and I find this a refreshing change. It's always stimulating to try something different and the look fun to do. As is true of all patchwork and quilting books, there are some designs I will never do but there are others that I would be happy to have either on the wall or on a bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 6 Sep 2012
C. D. Lewis "cara quilter" (Leominster, Herefordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modern Patchwork (Paperback)
Absolutely loved this book from the very first page, it is packed with so many wonderful ideas for really modern quilts. If you are looking for something 21st century then look no further. I have already started working on a pattern from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one quilt book this year..., 10 July 2012
make it this one !
It has to be one of the most inspiring quilt books I have ever bought. A true delight..

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my best recent purchases, 5 Mar 2014
C. Redman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modern Patchwork (Paperback)
Had a look inside the book on the website and was inspired by the preview. It arrived today and I can't wait to get started. Having just finished a quilt from Tula Pink's 'City Blocks' this is a perfect follow on for taking modern ideas further. I love the inclusion of the design for each of the quilts on the quilt backing and the suggestion for alternative colourways for each project. It's clearly written with good instructions and pull out pattern sheet at the back. A real gem and a must for any quilter wanting to work with the new fabrics currently available.

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book but very poor image quality, 22 Feb 2014
Unfortunately, I missed my window to return this item. The book is amazing, I actually have the hardcopy, but unfortunately the images in the kindle version are extremely pixely and it is almost painful to read. I wonder how this can happen, whether the scan is just of a very low resolution. I would recommend this book but you should get the hardcopy not the kindle version and I hope amazon will fix this issue as I have had the same problem with several other kindle books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Modern Patchwork (Paperback)
Many interesting new designs makes it easy to dive into your own stash and make your own quilts

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Nov 2014
5*****

Modern Patchwork
Modern Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman (Paperback - 28 Jun 2012)