Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 April 2013
[...]
One of my crafty Christmas presents was this fab embroidery book by Aneela Hoey http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Stitches-Embroidery-Designs-Projects/dp/1607055252/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365449830&sr=8-1&keywords=little+stitches. Despite reading it cover to cover, i'd yet to try any of the projects. So, using my free calico from issue 1 of Crafty Magazine, I decided to stitch Missy a beautiful door hanger.

Together we choose two, iron on patterns to appear on the hanger, a blonde girl on a bike and a little dog chasing a ball.

We chose a colour palette of reds, pinks and blues. I was slightly nervous of messing it up, apart from cross stitch I haven't tried embroidery for many years and certainly have never used anything other than a backstitch or running stitch. The finished piece looked so pretty on the page! Aneela's instructions and easy to read tips made this one of the simplest and most satisfying things I've made in ages
on 28 May 2014
I first learned embroidery stitches when I was a child and I haven't embroidered anything since. Looking for a new hobby, I decided to try out an embroidery project and saw this book on Amazon. I am delighted with it. There are simple projects to attempt, with transfers to iron out. The really helpful attribute of this book is that each project is photographed and then the stitches, thread thickness and colours needed are set out below the pictures. I am thrilled with my new hobby and my increasing confidence is due in no small part to this lovely book.
on 17 April 2013
I recently wanted a small hobby as I have little spare time. I liked the idea of free hand embroidery, as somebody with little, basic sewing skills I found this book really helpful. Explains instuctions and ideas clearly. Lots of lovely ideas and patterns to copy at the back. It is fairly expensive but it is a good quality book and glad it will suit me as a beginner so I feel it has been worth the price as it will help me to make some pretty things.
on 19 August 2013
Love this book I really enjoy sewing and this has some very morgen and sweet designs much better then a lot of sewing books which just show a lot of flowers this one has really interesting subjects
on 6 August 2013
love this little book full of inspiration, the problem with it is.. where do you start , which one to do first, far to busy looking & planning to actually start.
on 22 November 2015
Oh boy what a find :) I am totally new to embroidery and I so wanted to learn. I chose this little book and when I opened it I fell in love. The little projects are so sweet and I have already made 3 of them. The book is wonderful and if I can understand it anyone can. Do buy if you would like to learn this wonderful craft. I am going to make lots more:)
on 28 October 2014
I am really delighted with this book. The designs are easy to follow, quirky and cute. I have made the "Hobby horse" cushion cover; the "Row your boat" wallhanging and the "Fly a Kite" hottie cover. All have turned out really well - and I'm no embroider expert!
on 10 March 2013
As this was a wanted christmas present, I can only say that when I looked through it, I thought is was a nice book for for helpful ideas
on 6 December 2012
Loved this book as soon as it arrived. Some great designs
and very inspirational. If you love her fabric you will love this.