1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Shadow & Green Hornet, 24 April 2014
This review is from: The Shadow / Green Hornet Volume 1: Dark Nights (Paperback)
I just love Dynamite's "masked men" series of books and will pick one up whenever I get the chance. I've read both The Shadow and Green Hornet briefly in my readings so was looking forward to this team-up. I found everything I expected! Great camaraderie between the two anti-heroes which starts off, well-enough, with neither of them quite trusting the other until they've earned it. This volume is decidedly ensconced in American history of 1939 and the politics, world events going on at that time. While the story is completely fabricated with mystical elements and a further mystical villain there is also included an amazing amount of fascinating history of the politics, underground New York and the famous personages of the day. Quite a trip reading this! Kato is the only one that bothered me. Here he is back to being the background sidekick. I much preferred Mark Waid's take on him being much more in control. I did also like the brief glances into Shadow's past that give the reader a sense of who this mysterious man is, (or rather the many mysterious men he's been) Good read.

The Shadow / Green Hornet Volume 1: Dark Nights
The Shadow / Green Hornet Volume 1: Dark Nights by Michael Uslan (Paperback - 18 Mar 2014)