on 12 February 2012
This is a very clearly written and well referenced book for the beggining therapist. Being about to embark in the third year of my training I have a great deal of anxiety about how to use the theories and techniques required to keep progressing in my training.

I have enjoyed reading this book from cover to cover and my anxiety (whilst still there) is now more manageable and reasonable, considering my level of expertise in this field. There are a lot of concepts and theory in it, but also sound advice from professionals who have been practising therapy for some time. The authors have made the effort of communicating with the reader at the same level and there is no "look how good we are as therapists" suggestions at any time.

The book helps you to gain focus on what you are doing and, while not everything you need to know is there (I wish it was), there is a vast amount of good additional information that can be obtained from the references and this allows to continue what you have started when opening this book. I believe this book will continue influencing my learning long after I have finished reading it.

I am now going to start reading the books I gathered (form the book's reference list) and keep moving forward.

Thank you for sharing the book with us!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again