5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant summary, 12 Nov 2009
G. Stray "Geoff Stray" (Glastonbury, Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Everything Guide to 2012: All You Need to Know About the Theories, Beliefs, and History Surrounding the Ancient Mayan Prophecies (Everything (New Age)) (Paperback)
Mark Heley's book is an excellent piece of work. It is very well written, leading logically forward from one topic to the next, getting more and more fascinating as it goes on. The second half of the book was for me most interesting, since Heley gets into the latest research and discoveries. The plasma research leads on well from the material covered in Beyond 2012 Catastrophe or Ecstasy, and Heley is not afraid to explore the most plausible of the Earth-change ideas, but ultimately comes to a very uplifting and optimistic conclusion about the forthcoming changes on this planet. You will not be disappointed in this book - it caters for the novice and also those of us who already are well-read on the topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last the facts, 24 Mar 2010
David (Broadstairs, UK) - See all my reviews
I have been interested in the subject of 2012 for many years and have read just about everything there is on it. However, despite all the reading I was still unsure what was speculation and what was fact. This book told me. With this single book I could have dispensed with my entire library on the subject.
I bought the book largely because of Geoff Stray's review. I have long been an admirer of Mr Stray's website (search for diagnosis) and his definitive knowledge of the Mayan calendar. And, like Mr Stray, I cannot recommend it enough. The book covers just about everything that relates to 2012 from the Mayan calendar to the latest scientific research and it does it in an extremely readable fashion.
The book's pièce de résistance, however, is in the final few chapters where the author talks about what will definitely happen, what might happen and what will not happen and offers some ideas to help us survive and prosper.
I found this section of the book extremely inspiring. Indeed as a long-time devotee of increased consciousness, evolution and New Age thinking (or a complete space cadet -- you choose) it galvanized many insights and perceptions I have gained over more than 40 years of regular meditation and inspired me to do something to try to help whatever happens happen in a way we would all wish. If you wish to see how this inspiration has manifested itself, please search for projectglobalbrain.
This is an extremely readable book that is packed full of information based on fact rather than speculation. And there are not many books in this subject area that you can say that about. Highly recommended.