4.0 out of 5 stars Lose Pounds Fast
Published on 1 Nov 2009 by Mousewife

3.0 out of 5 stars U.S version
I agree with mousewife, it would be great if UK version was published, US version is annoying due to foods not available in the uk and measures are different from uk.
Published on 12 Dec 2009 by diamonte

4.0 out of 5 stars Lose Pounds Fast, 1 Nov 2009
This review is from: Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook (Hardcover)
The diet itself is great - I've lost 5lbs already and I've only been doing it for a week! The meals are satisfying - you certainly don't go hungry, and it's great to find a diet where you can have chocolate without feeling guilty! The book is easy to follow and the idea behind specifically targeting visceral fat (deep belly fat which is the hardest fat to shift) is well-thought out. My only complaint would be that it would have been better if the authors had produced a specific English version as all the measures are US (1 cup, 1/2 cup etc) so I had to buy some new measuring cups. Similarly some ingredients are listed American style(zucchini, eggplant, grape tomatoes) and some brands/items it specifically mentions are unavailable in Britain, so again the book could do with translating for the English audience. That said it's a great diet (and I've tried them all!) and my husband is following it too and actually enjoying the meals without complaining that he's still hungry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Translation of some American terms, 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook (Hardcover)
Love this book as it gives you the background to the diet and a 14 day plan. My husband and I both lost 4lb in the first 4 days, even though we skipped the jump start, but did have sassy water. We have enjoyed many of the savoury recipies. I have made the front cover cup cake recipe (once I found out what canola oil was), but used the mix to make two 7" cakes rather than cupcakes. It is decidedly delicious and my grandchildren love it lots. It's a good idea for the 4th food portion of the day at around 8 or 9 ish. The chocolate zuccini snack cake is also delicious. (I used extravagant Lindt dark chocolate as a treat because I couldn't find dark choc chips, but now that I have, I'll try them next time). Don't forget the recipe makes 12 portions and you are only allowed one. It is also ample for an evening snack. It just doesn't feel like dieting. In fact we don't diet as such, just try to stay healthy and this book is a great tool. For any of you who may not know some of the terminology used, I've done a wee list, with apologies if, to some, I'm stating the obvious.
Cilantro - coriander
Canola oil - rapeseed oil
snow peas - mange toute
mesclun - small young salad leaf mix
scallions - spring onions
rigatoni - tube shaped pasta
jicana - sweetish, turnip like crunchy vegetable often used instead of water chestnuts in stir fries. Have never seen it in the UK.
zuccini - courgette
eggplant - aubergine
neuf chatel cheese - specialist french low fat cream cheese.
Flank steak - tougher cut of steak from abdominal muscles of cow - often marinated or tenderised before cooking
pastry flour - I use plain
tempeh - fermented soy beans mixed with grains - often used in Indonesian cooking instead of salt.

What pleases me is not just the idea that belly fat will be lost, but that MUFAs are also a great cholesterol buster.

3.0 out of 5 stars U.S version, 12 Dec 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars losing weight & feeling fit, 6 Feb 2010
P. Yeal (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook (Hardcover)
After trying many ways to lose weight this for me, was the best! (I do realise that it won't suit everyone.) The most detailed information in this book gave me all the information I needed. OK it's American! so I worked round it. Health food shops & supermarkets have most products these days, but do read all labels!! It takes time to study and absorb the ideas. Yes it's based on counting calories and that takes some time to get to grips with but it depends how determined you are to lose weight! and change to a different way of eating for good! I have been doing this now for 24 days, have lost 9lbs and not been hungry. I find the Sassy water is to my taste and if our English weather is a bit cold then I warm it up in the microwave! For me the instructions and the recipies are well set out and I have tried some of the recipes, but now I am also making up my own 400 calorie meals as well. Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook
Patricia
Devon UK.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flat belly cookbook, 23 May 2011
This review is from: Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook (Hardcover)
Too American for me!! The diet principal is great so looking for a version to cover the british food market.Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook

4.0 out of 5 stars Just do it!, 14 Aug 2010
This review is from: Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook (Hardcover)
Good guidelines and recipes here. The main thing that I,and others, may have to do is -do it, just do it and the results will follow. I have yet to follow this on a daily basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5, 16 Mar 2013
This review is from: Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook (Hardcover)
I got it very quickly. Good service. Good product. No complications. Good value. I am really pleased. Can recommend to all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flat Belly Diet Cookbook, 10 July 2011
This review is from: Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook (Hardcover)
This book, as far as I am concerned is a total waste of money! It has what looks like some lovely recipes in it, that is, until you look more closely at the ingredients. If you live in the USA it may suit you, but in the UK, I wouldn't bother. To start with, some of the ingredients can only be obtained in the USA, there are no equivalent ingredients over here. Most of the quantities are for 4 portions, which does not make sense, as it is unlikely that anyone not on a diet would want to eat this food willingly! (Had they made it for 2 portions, you could halve it for one, or double for 4, obviously not much thought has gone into some of these details).
Don't be fooled by what looks like a lovely cake on the front cover either, its not what it looks like! This diet is only good for someone who loves nuts and seeds as that's what most of the diet seems to consist of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook (Hardcover)
I havent used it,so i cant review it , but it looks good from what i have read., I have recommend it to friends

5.0 out of 5 stars YUMMIE, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook (Hardcover)
Lækre opskrifter der bare giver en lyst til at prøve af. Selv mine piger på 4 og 9 år kan lide maden og være med til at lave maden.

Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook
Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook by Liz Vaccariello (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2009)